navanywhere
Help Extending a custom "one page module"

How much php skills do I need to create a "one page module" and add onto that module a simple user "data entry" based interface for group members to have access to preconfigured html layouts. I want to add gui's that provide entry data for a page content like, "Title", "Content", "About Us", etc.- with sub content data entry points for menu titles and linked sub pages. I am learning php and I was told to pick a live php based CMS tool and learn php coding within that development model. I have been working with various modules and have found that I will have to build a few of my own simple modules even for custom page content block creation. Even if you can not be too specific on the workflow details that have helped you in creation of a simple module like this, any links to resources would be helpful. Thanks.

My first impression on php and CMS was that I would have to start my own from scratch for a customized CMS development project. Then I discovered open source CMS developments. My goal is to learn to use Xoop's enough to be able to add my talents to its development. Xoop's is the first open source CMS tool that makes sense enough for me to start my own php development through.

I am working with the WF-Sections module and I am new to its usage. Can I use the WF-Sections module to connect a group to my custom "one page module"?

navanywhere
Re: Help Extending a custom "one page module"

I am starting to wonder which forum is the right forum to post in here for certain basic questions that I have about the Xoop's system and my needs for my website. I hope that someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

I am attempting to setup my website with two other group members that have "0" html skills. I wanted to use a few modules to let them log in and create their own content for their area of my website. I was trying to avoid any need to constantly update their html documents manually.

This is the main reason why CMS systems interested me in the first place.

I just wanted some simple member user reusable modules that I could use to house a members website articles and content in. I also need these modules to operate seperately for each member. I wanted these modules to allow the members to enter their content in the html/css layouts via php forms within their Admin area. I also want these members to have other modules that allow them to customize their group with Admin rights.

I tried WF-Sections but as I am new to the Xoop's system and I have no docs for this module I am having trouble understanding its relationship parts of the Xoop's system.

So without trying to hit my head against a module setup in a trial and error fashion for which I have "0" time for. I really am looking for a workflow path to help me to meet the goals of setting up a good CMS website that serves the presentation needs of my non-members and my short term and long term development goals. If I can't find a clear way to do this with Xoop's I have to find another solution.

I have tried phpnuke, postnuke and now Xoop's since late September. I am willing to try any CMS that will help me to complete my website goals. And if my "short term" goals can't be met through simple customizations of the Xoop's system I am not willing to invest more time trying to alter Xoop's too much.

Someone mentioned to me that Xoop's later versions will provide a more manageable workflow for webmasters and website members. I like the Xoop's system and I am looking forward to those updates. I hope that I can get everything to work out in the end whatever happens.

Login

Who's Online

428 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 428

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits