DorianGray
Basic questions about installing modules - Please help
  • 2004/10/20 15:31

• DorianGray

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/13

Hi, I downloaded one module, WeBlog v.1 after extracting files I uploaded it through FTP in the module folder. Upon opening my admin-> module I was able to see that it was sittin there to be installed through admin. I installed and it shows up on my installed folders, however there is a message that module folder not found.

My first guess is that the file it is looking to run was not in the immediate folders that it should have been, but now I am stuck with it, i did uninstall it but it still sits there waiting to be installed.

My question is what files are the one that should be in the immediate folder that make any module run properly. Are there any tricks to installing modules that will make life easier?

I would highly appreciate any and all the help. I left another post but no one responded, so please help.

Dorian

Mithrandir
Re: Basic questions about installing modules - Please help

There must be a file named xoops_version.php in the modules/[modulename] folder.

Certain versions of XOOPS have problems with module directory names with special characters in them, so what is the dirname of this module? And which XOOPS version do you use?

NelleMuz
  • 2004/11/28 16:28

• NelleMuz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/28

Hmm.. I use the newest version of XOOPS and i have problems with installing xoops2-mod_pp_news_v1_5b_massimiliano_tiraboschi and xoops2-mod_page_v2_1_0_jan_inge_pettersen... Every dir has the xoopsversion file ind directory...
What shall I do to get 'em work?
They shows in install screen at the admin interface...
But I gets the line Modulefile not found! when it has been installed...
What shall I do?

rowdie
  • 2004/11/28 16:52

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

You only need to install the actual module folder, not all the folders that come with the download. So for pp-news, for example, look for the PP-News folder in html/modules/ , that's the one you need to install in modules/[modulename] folder of xoops, as Mith said.

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits