gravity
Big installation problem
  • 2004/10/13 23:44

• gravity

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/13

Hi
Over the past months i've been trying phpnuke, postnuke, and mambo. I must admit that mambo is a great portal but it still missing something for me. So now i'd like to try xoops.
I have downloaded XOOPS (latest version) and then copied the html directory to my server root directory.. I renamed html to XOOPS (just to let you know, i'm hosting my own website with apache 2.056, php 5.0, and MySQL 4.xx etc etc...). Then i pointed my browser to the install directory and got the first step of the installtion (language selection). I selected english and then clicked on next.. That's where my problem is... i click on next and it stay on the language selection page. I can't continue the installation process. I searched but found nothing wrong. As i said i installed others CMS without troubles so i realy don't know what is going on with that one.
I need help please....
Thank's for help.
Gravity

DonXoop
Re: Big installation problem

We might need more precise versions. I don't think you have Apache 2.0.56 Maybe 2.0.52. The real problem is likely PHP 5.x. Try 4.3.9 which is the latest 4.x and very good. The latest MySQL 4.0.x is fine.

BTW, you don't have to put it under the html/xoops directory if you want it at the root.

gravity
  • 2004/10/14 1:12

• gravity

• Just popping in

hi
Xoooooops... sorry for the mistake...
My version of apache is 2.0.52, MySQL is 4.0.21 and php is 5.02.
I placed XOOPS in the XOOPS directory cause i still have mambo installed as well as phpnuke.. (yeah i know it sounds crazy but i just wanted to be sure before deleting them).
i'll try php 4.xxx but. damn i mean i have to redo all my config.. :(
if php 5.xx is the problem, why don't i have any troubles with other CMS ?
thx for your help..very appreciated.
gravity

DonXoop

Yeah, I figured that you had other things running. Renaming the html dir was a clue that you know what you want.

Going back to PHP 4 shouldn't be a big deal though. Most of the defaults in php.ini are fine and the tweaks are easy enough. You could also install both versions of PHP in different directories and just tell Apache which one to load. You'll find that your other apps will run fine on 4.x.

xoops is doing some heavy Object Oriented PHP and bumps into some issues with 5.x. It will get ironed out pretty soon I think.

gravity
  • 2004/10/14 23:41

• gravity

• Just popping in

hey
You were right. That was my version of php that caused all that trouble. I installed php 4.3.9 and the problem was gone. But i had some troubles installing php 4.3.9 with apache 2.0.52. I found somewhere in a forum that php 4.3.9 doesn't work well with apache 2.0.52. (don't know if it's true but i read it). Anyway thank's for your help... it's great to have some peoples to help you. Thank you again for your great work.
Gravity

Login

Who's Online

389 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 389

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits