i_mdiver
post.php question in newbb module
  • 2004/10/13 17:53

• i_mdiver

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/19

Heya everyone...

Aside from creating a group that has no access to the newbb module, is there a way to block a specific user or even a user group from posting to the forums? It would seem that I have a user that likes to speak his mind a little too freely, and I'd like to limit what he can do... I don't want to assign him to a user group that doesn't have access to the module since I feel that is too mean. He should have the ability to read the messages - I just don't want him replying to them.

I'm thinking that hacking the post.php code may be necessary to do this, but I'm not certain what to do... any ideas?

Thanks,
i_mdiver

damjam
Re: post.php question in newbb module
  • 2004/10/14 17:37

• damjam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/30

You can create a group and give it module access. Then go into the forum admin and modify each forum's group permissions to prevent his group from posting.

i_mdiver
  • 2004/10/14 19:20

• i_mdiver

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/19

Ok... (maybe I missed something) I've tried that, but it would seem that even moving the user to the new group still allows that user to post to the site.

I'd like to allow the user to read the forums, just not post to them. Sort of like an anonymous user that can read them, but not post... know what I mean?

Thanks again

damjam
  • 2004/10/15 15:59

• damjam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/30

You're right. I answered hastily, sorry. I thought you could assign permissions to groups in each individual forum but it appears it's only for anon, registered, or webmasters in newbb1. Seems to be the same for newbb2.

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits