XinXang
Manipulating Multiple Forums
  • 2004/10/9 21:54

• XinXang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/4

I want to have multiple forums on my site, but I want some of the categories to crossover. So what i mean is, let's say I've got a Digital Art Forum, and I've got a Web Development Forum, and I've got Photo Video, and I've got Music Prduction.

I want each forum to have a "General" section at the top which is common to all forums, and I want a Photoshop section which is common to Digital Art and to Web development, but not to PhotoVideo. There should be a Sound Editing Category which is common to PhotoVideo and Music, and Web Development, but not to Digital Art.

All members of the site should be able to go to any of the forums.

Each forum should only have its pertinent sections showing, and not just be a long list of categories which users have to scroll through to get to their forum. So the Music Production guys don't see a category titled "Color Theory" and Digital Artists don't see the category "Tablature"

Is this possible in Xoops, and if so how do I do it? If it is not already possible, how do I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance.

Dave_L
Re: Manipulating Multiple Forums
  • 2004/10/10 1:07

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

If no one else knows of a way to do this with Xoops, you might want to look at Drupal. I think it's flexible enough to do what you want, without having to do any code modification.

Login

Who's Online

490 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 490

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits