inetmaster
File Upload / Download Module?
  • 2004/9/30 7:15

• inetmaster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/28

I need a much better version of a file area. Could someone make a suggestion?
I must have the following features:
1) The ability for the user to upload a file from thier local machine (no URL, file should be stored on the server or in DB, and user should be able to upload via a browse button)

2) Group permission control to dictate what users can access which category/file area (similar to some MyDownloads hacks I have come across)

Thanks! I'm having a real hard time finding a module that has my first request - that feature is a must!

Catzwolf
Re: File Upload / Download Module?
  • 2004/9/30 8:30

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

inetmaster wrote:
I need a much better version of a file area. Could someone make a suggestion?
I must have the following features:
1) The ability for the user to upload a file from thier local machine (no URL, file should be stored on the server or in DB, and user should be able to upload via a browse button)

2) Group permission control to dictate what users can access which category/file area (similar to some MyDownloads hacks I have come across)

Thanks! I'm having a real hard time finding a module that has my first request - that feature is a must!

Welcome to XOOPS

There is only one module for this job! WF-Downloads. follow the link at the bottom of this post

abdala
Re: File Upload / Download Module?
  • 2004/10/7 16:17

• abdala

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/5 1

Thanks for this module. It is amazing!

I have one small question: in the submit download form, is it possible to limit the user to be able to submit only to categories that he has access to?

I.e. I have user1 who has access to cat1 and not cat2. however, when user1 submitted a download to cat2, it accepted the submission.

Thanks,
Abdala

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits