Beejay
Theme change on news article
  • 2004/10/5 7:25

• Beejay

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/5 2

Is it possible to have when you click on a news article to make it change theme. I know you probably can't make it when you click read more or comments but if you put read more in the post. For example i've got a gaming site so could it go like this: blah blah blah.. read more... when you click read more is it possible to make it change to a say microsoft theme and when you click it on another article and you have it to go to a nintendo theme? I've installed a hack that I found on this forum that you can change theme with a link when you put ?xoops_theme_select=themename on the end of a url. My problem is when you go tohttp://mysite.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=248?xoops_theme_select=sony it dosn't work. It just has the default theme you have selected. Is there a way I can fix this?

If this isn't possible is there a way to make different news topics show different themes when you click a news article in the catorgory?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me

Mithrandir
Re: Theme change on news article

It is possible to do, yes, but takes some work.

I was thinking about having a theme selection by topic, so that the administrator could select, which theme should be shown in each topic. I haven't had time for implementing it, though.

Beejay
Re:Theme change on news article
  • 2004/10/5 9:45

• Beejay

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/5 2

Ok. Thank you Mithrandir for your reply

sbkiller
  • 2004/10/5 11:36

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Mith,

I think you can do something like in the CuteNews by cutephp.

Ever heard of it? CuteNews has a templates for each categories.

Mithrandir

Oh, I don't see it as a big problem - but... who's gonna pay me to prioritise it over my other projects?

sbkiller
  • 2004/10/5 11:41

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

DoNaTiOn!

Login

Who's Online

130 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 130

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits