chaosad
creating new pages
  • 2004/9/23 20:51

• chaosad

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/23

Ok, I have what could be a completely easy question, but excuse me if it is. I'm completely new to the XOOPS community. I am working on a site that will be using XOOPS for its content management. I have the index page going and I can pick and choose blocks to show on that page. I understand the whole left/right/center and the number system for display.

My problem is I'm not sure how to create another page other then index.php. Below is the code for the index page, which sadly I'm not sure what it does really or how the template are called. The documentation I've found is kind of lacking and confusing to me so any help is appreciated.

<?php
/**
* Catch new users and redirect them to the start page, if any
* @copyright © 2000 xoops.org
**/

/**
* redirects to installation, if XOOPS is not installed yet
**/
include "mainfile.php";

//check if start page is defined
if ( isset($xoopsConfig['startpage']) && $xoopsConfig['startpage'] != "" && $xoopsConfig['startpage'] != "--" ) {
header('Location: '.XOOPS_URL.'/modules/'.$xoopsConfig['startpage'].'/');
exit();
} else {
$xoopsOption['show_cblock'] =1;
include "header.php";
include "footer.php";
}

Catzwolf
Re: creating new pages
  • 2004/9/23 21:37

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Hi chaosad,

Welcome to XOOPS and hopefully I can help you here a little as well

Xoops is a content management system, all content is handled by XOOPS and the modules created for it (so you don't need to add new pages via the system files, like the one you mentioned above).

There are many 'modules' available to add 'content' to your website (Depending on what you are looking for of course).

Search this forum or the download area for the different types of modules available. I am sure you will find one to suit your taste buds =)

chaosad
  • 2004/9/24 19:30

• chaosad

• Just popping in

Thank you very much for your reply! I have a side question before I trek off to the modules part :) What if I want to add a page, but within the XOOPS framework so that it still falls within the auth system and still carries the frame work design. That way if i make changes to the design via XOOPS it will take affect inside those few side pages.

This page would be non-modular and it contents (minus the XOOPS framework) would consit soley of php, MySQL and html. Such as i would have the same header, footer, and sidbar that XOOPS uses, but just my own content free of any modules or anything.

Make any sense what I'm asking?

chaosad
  • 2004/9/28 2:21

• chaosad

• Just popping in

Anyone know the answer to this?

tjnemez
  • 2004/9/28 2:35

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

not sure if this is what you want, but check it out:http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=XoopsStaticContent

chaosad
  • 2004/9/28 2:45

• chaosad

• Just popping in

Ah, very cool. I will read andfind out...but the prospects look high!

Thx...

wizanda
  • 2004/9/28 8:16

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

You could always try the edito module as it is to add php or html pages

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits