PatsRule
Major help needed
  • 2004/9/24 4:28

• PatsRule

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

Darn it... all i wanted to do was get the remember me check box to appear and now I guess i have no choice but to delete the whole thing and go with nuke. How can I get back to my admin page to put it back in when I can't login. The simplest seeming things are way too complicated with little documention here and searches of these things bring up nothing related. What i did was make a small change to the login block and i did save the entire script to notepad in case it didn't work.. log out.. to see if it appeared. Well...now the submit button is gone..and I can't login to my own website. Funny how I can write some of the code here.. design exactly what i need..but because of the lack of a well written formatted help menu on the indexing of Xoops.. I spend hours reading through code which i understand basically but can't find the files that need editting. 2 hours to change one thing. Sorry if it seems like I'm whining..but it's frustrating when you search for hours for an answer to what appears to be a simple question. Like how to enable remember me check box which i would think would be a common question can't be found anywhere. I give up.

JasonMR
Re: Major help needed
  • 2004/9/24 4:39

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

1)http://YOURSITE.COM/user.php will bring you to the login page - main block (or have your changed that as well?).

2) for more help see Developers Wiki

PatsRule
  • 2004/9/24 4:53

• PatsRule

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

Thanks Jason... fortunately for me..and something I just remembered is I used a redirect from an HTML coded page that i was using initially as my index page and had hand coded the login script in HTML. So i redid the redirect to point to my root page in my site. Funny how that one uses the remember me function and works. But nothing I try gets it to appear for me from the block. So I was able to replace the bad file. Anything i edit that I'm not sure about goes into a notepad text file so i can replace it but it didn't dawn on me that without being able to login i couldn't put it back. It's just frustrating that I have spent over 3 hours trying to get one simple thing to work like that remember me and getting my user and main menus to appear under the login block(which I still haven't figured out)and it's been like that for over a week, taking hours to make something work that i can write in HTML or javascript in 10 minutes. So if I seemed short.. I apologize. Thank you again for your help. I really love what my site is looking like because of Xoops.

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/24 5:47

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Main thing is, you got your site back up and running.

I admit, trying to tweak XOOPS at first, without any knowledge of the applications internals, can be quite daunting. You wont believe how often I had brought my site to a crash, just due to tupid litlle mistakes. Take a read through the Wiki link I posted, and you will quickly gain a much better understanding.

Though once you have gotten yourself aquainted, it will be as fast as hand scripting, only far more powerfull.

XOOPS still has a lot to fix, but it is definetly on the right track.

Glad to hear, that you are now happy with your XOOPS powered system. If there should be any trouble, just come in and ask the community. If some one can offer adive, they will try their best.

Regards

Login

Who's Online

55 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 55

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits