jdaniel
Found this nice weather module
  • 2004/9/24 2:17

• jdaniel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/31

I've been searching a cool module as far as a weather mod goes. But i found an issue about ms-weather with yahoo.com. But I found this script fromhttp://www.hotscripts.com by adding a free script from weather.com.

But i have no clue no to implament this into a module. Can some help me.

Here is the link to the free script.

http://www.notonebit.com/projects/weather/

Can some help me with this.

DonXoop
Re: Found this nice weather module

Been there, done that.

The Search function is your friend.
'ms_weather ms-weather msweather OR' Forum search

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/24 6:01

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Quote:

The Search function is your friend.

More like your girl-friend:
- never does as one asks
- always wants, and has to get it her way
- tries to change EVERYTHING you do
- and can cost you heaps of money (depending on your ISP plan )

I wish people would stop giving that kind of answer. Maybe as a side note, if something seems really stupid. At least Le grande Don had the grace to post a link, which serves educational purposed (as it displays a search stratgey people might not have thought off).

And besides, trying to find something in the forums......it's just sad to indirectly loose the info gathered. Though this is not a XOOPS specific issue. Just wanted to get it of my heart (as they say)

By the way: DonXOOPS was trying to point you to this Weather Block download. Just in case you missed it

DonXoop

Um, what would you like me to say? I did the search and posted the link. I was not trying to hint at a specfic weather block as none of them I've used is acceptable right now. But more important were the results of the search which provided a wide cross section of discussion on the topic.

If I was an official support person for some software company I would have hit option 12.5 which sends back a canned response giving a standard answer and pointing to a single solution. Doesn't work that way here.

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/27 20:50

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

I appologize, but there was no offence directed towards you, but those that offend my principal "if you don't want to help, don't post"!

Quote:

At least Le grande Don had the grace to post a link, which serves educational purposed (as it displays a search stratgey people might not have thought off).

While I have taken the piss, refereing to your name, this was my kind of humour. Sorry, if you took offence (you are from where? Culturel difference may play a role).

Never the less, expecting this, I then added a note, to why I believe, your behaviour to be rather examplaratory.

1) You advise users in how to find selfhelp
2) You display an advanced technique, to be employed with suggested methodology

I may not have stated it this clearly, but my comment, was exactly that. I just had to say something, after having read the statement put forward by other people, less helpfull. If had posted a comment in such a thread, I would have been insulting. Thats why I never reacted earlier.

I just thought of the comparison, and thought it was funny. Chauvinistic, but funny. Made my remarks, and to be productive, added a further link "incase you missed" as I had written.

I am sorry, but I do question why

OK, my spelling might be atrocious, but....

Ah well. Keep Cool

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits