PatsRule
Simple questions
  • 2004/9/21 22:11

• PatsRule

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

Still getting used to this and want to do something I thought was simple..but can't find nor figure it out myself. I would like in my forum to change the Welcome message (right now it has my website name)and center both it and the To start viewing messages....etc.

I figured it was in the newbb index_php file and have tried style..and the depricated center tags around the $lang_welcomemsg tag and it still aligns to the left. I haven't a clue where the file is to change the text. I would like to do this for the forum only.

Thank you in advance,

Mike PS. Sometimes these simple questions for you experts at this make it possible for guys like me to get a better understanding of where things are in here. I love this program.. just need to learn where things are mostly. Thanks again.

sbkiller
Re: Simple questions
  • 2004/9/21 22:19

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Can you show me the code you have modified in the "newbb_index.html" template?

PatsRule
  • 2004/9/21 22:24

• PatsRule

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

I put it back to default so it is not modified... thanks for replying.. i'm looking now in language folder to see what's in there.. man...there's tons of files.. but slowly but surely I'm getting things done Still trying to figure this out tho. I really would have thought an align tag around the $lang_welcomemsg and the $lang_tostart would have done that part of it.

Lance_
  • 2004/9/21 22:58

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

If you want to change the text then the language folder is the place to look, probably the main.php file.

If you want to take it out completely or modify where it appears, then in the modules /template folder are the html files that most likely govern it's appearance.

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits