Strommy
PHP mail problem!
  • 2004/9/21 21:39

• Strommy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/12

Hey all,

My problem is...unique. After reading many posts about troupbles with the PHP mail in XOOPS I have finnally gotten it to work, or so I thought. I am lucky enough to have patient clan members from a game I play to help test my new site. When they went to register everything went fine and it said the email was sent. However, some got it some did not. I'm totally confused as to why that would happen. My server is running Linux and PHP 4.3.8. Please help!

DonXoop
Re: PHP mail problem!

I would hardly call the problem unique.

Lots of reasons for non delivery and most of them not caused by XOOPS directly. What is your SMTP delivery set-up in XOOPS and what do the SMTP server logs (if you can get to them) say? Any bounce back messages to the (correctly configured) admin account?

The success messages in XOOPS only mean it was sent to the next stage, not all the way to the user.

Strommy
Re: PHP mail problem!
  • 2004/9/21 22:13

• Strommy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/12

Well, I have my XOOPS set to PHPmail and I know I have the right sendmail folder. I just don't understand why some of them get the activation email and others dont. Ill get back to you on the server logs...

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits