dplittle
Headlines Placement on Top Page
  • 2004/9/21 19:28

• dplittle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

I recently decided to move my Headlines block on the Top Page from the right hand side to the middle. I want it to be the last block on the page. For some reason I can't get it to go below the other blocks. It keeps wanting to be the top block.

I have the Top News set to Center-Left with a weight of 1, Recent News set to Center-Right with a weight of one (so they are next to each other), Recent Links set to Center-Left with a weight of 2 and Recent WF-Downloads set to Center-Right with a weight of 2 so they are next to each other, and Headlines set to Center-Center with a weight of 3 hoping to get it at the bottom. However it always wants to be the "top dog." I have changed weights of all the blocks and I just can't get it to the bottom.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

David

Mithrandir
Re: Headlines Placement on Top Page

Weights are only applied within block groups (center-center, center-left etc.)

In order to move the center-center blocks below the center-left and center-right, you will have to edit that in your theme's theme.html file.

dplittle
  • 2004/9/21 19:49

• dplittle

• Just popping in

Ahhhh .... I see ...

I guess it would be a feature request to have it use the weight first and then the location. That would allow me to have a full size block in the center, some half size blocks on either side and then another full size block.

David

Mithrandir

If you like near-impossible feature requests, then go ahead.

Some themes place center-left and center-right blocks elsewhere and implementing something like this would severely mess that up.

Adding new block areas for positioning in the theme, however, is not impossible, but will not be until XOOPS 2.1

dplittle
  • 2004/9/21 20:09

• dplittle

• Just popping in

I hate mucking with the theme files since that can make upgrades more complex but hey ... you got to do what you got to do!

Thanks again

David

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits