speedxnet
a question about Xoops' favicon
  • 2004/9/18 6:54

• speedxnet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/11

Hi all, I have a question here about XOOPS favicon. First of all, I know how to create a favicon and how to make it show up in the address bar.

I was wondering why XOOPS favicon has much more detail than other favicons. Even the one that I created only has 16x16. However XOOPS appear to have more pixels?

How do you create it? Could anyone share with me? I would love to learn how this is done. I think many others wants to know too? Thanks in advance.

speedxnet

speedxnet
Re: a question about Xoops' favicon
  • 2004/9/18 15:52

• speedxnet

• Just popping in

It does appear nicer than the normal favicon, right?

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/18 16:33

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Hello,

I noticed that, I the first time I got XOOPS and the first thing I work on is the Favion...lol it took forever and still can't figure it out the high quality.

lol...it's hard to make favicons.

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/18 16:34

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

I think it's better if you make the icon with pixel instead of pictures which resized.

speedxnet
  • 2004/9/19 4:02

• speedxnet

• Just popping in

I see, I though I am the only one whom curious about it. I think we need the original developer to tell us how he/she did it.

I know it's hard for me to do a favicon so alive like the xoops. Cause all I can work is 16x16, 32x32or 64x64 but it is NOT what XOOPS favicon is done right?

Care to tell me how it is done anyone?

ps. to: sbkiller. Hi I love your art work and your fonts too. I like the brooklyn kid the most. Btw, if you cannot figure out the XOOPS favicon, I think I have a very slim chance to figure out here.....

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/19 4:12

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

I really don't like to make suggestion regarding non-OSS apps, but they do offer a free version ()! Check out AWicon. I had the same troubles as you guys, and found my icons improved (become more vibrant), using this tools.

The way I use it is, I open up regular images, resize them, and then use AWicons screen-area-shot feature. Then I cut out the pieces I don't like.

Take a look at my Privat Homepage and it's icon. What do you think?

speedxnet
  • 2004/9/19 4:27

• speedxnet

• Just popping in

Quote:

Take a look at my Privat Homepage and it's icon. What do you think?

I am having trouble to access your site, alsohttp://jayro.net too. I could ping jayro.net and its 2 DNS servers xx.246.50.243 and xxx.12.203.222 but cannot open it on browsers. I will try to view your site a bit later. It could be my ISP routing or anything....
Meanwhile I will try the tools you suggested. lovely... thanks a bundle mate.

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/19 5:58

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

I checked, and on my side everything is fine. My host is up and running, and I have no problems accessing any of my sites.

I just wanted to provide you with an example. Sorry for the troubles! Hope it will work later for you. Though I would like to know, who else cant access my sites

PM me about your experiences, as this would interest me. Maybe you can provide me with some tips I haven't thought off/found yet

Enjoy and Have Fun, Regards

JasonMR

PS: If you are interested (and your connection will establish), this is the original image used to create the icon

speedxnet
  • 2004/9/19 8:26

• speedxnet

• Just popping in

After an afternoon nap your site and every xxx.jayro.net work on my side now.

I couldn't believe how much info you put in that little favicon of yours. I believe the power of AWicon now. I got the program and just about starting to work on it now. However I couldn't see your "original image". Since it is in a restricted area of your site.

Well, let me work on my favicon and see if there is another chance of seeing your favicon.

Thanks so much mate.

speedxnet

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/19 9:42

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

Yeah Mate!

Glad that someone else feels the same excitement as I did, when I first played with this neet little (AWicon) - thanks to them, for providing a ligh(free) version

Pfew - glad to hear, that you were able to access my sites - was getting a little nervous there. Though I'm sorry about the restrictions (dough), had thought about checking how they are set, but had then forgotten all about it. Will do so right away.

Send me links to your productions/experiments

I'm just a little shortcut-icon nutter

Update: changed permission!

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits