Bowromir
Remove "Banner" from forum page ?
  • 2004/9/18 21:11

• Bowromir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/8 2

Hi,

Is it possible to define on which pages the "Bannes" show. For example I dont want the banner on my Forum page. Currently I have this:

Resized Image

I want that banner out of there If someone could help me its greatly appreciated

wcrwcr
Re: Remove "Banner" from forum page ?
  • 2004/9/18 22:31

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

hi bowromir

I never use the theme that you?re using but seems to me that this banner(eventleague, etc.) is on your forum template and not on the xoopsbanner system.

Could you check please?
Regards

Bowromir
  • 2004/9/18 22:55

• Bowromir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/8 2

no the banner is placed on the forum by the banner function on the admin pannel.. I have nummerous banners placed on my main website it they work fine.. But I just dont want them to show up on certain pages

wcrwcr
  • 2004/9/18 23:07

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Sorry

Looking to the image seems that the correct place to showing the banner would be on the header, near the montisarts logo.

I think what u want will be more tricky to implement.

DonXoop

I'd like to see block exclusion too (i.e. All Pages except xxxx). Banners aren't blocks but a less than elegant workaround for either is to capture the pagetitle and if/then to place a banner/blocks or not.

==============
<{if $xoops_pagetitle <> 'Your page title'}>

<{$xoops_banner}>
or other code / block call etc.

<{/if}>
===============

This isn't a pretty solution but does work. It gets complicated when you have pages within a module that change the pagetitle. You then have to wrap the if/then to catch the whole module... Wait, maybe there is a module name variable you can trap instead of pagetitle. Just thinking off the top of my head.

Login

Who's Online

443 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 443

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits