NeoNecro
Importing Geeklog stories and users to XOOPS
  • 2004/9/16 18:41

• NeoNecro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/11

Hello,
I'm currently ussing Geeklog as a protal/blog, but most of my users don't like all the functions of Geeklog. So I started testing some other portals and this looked like the best one.

But I have one problem, I have a lot of users and stories wich I don't wan't to lose. So, is there an easy way to import my Geeklog database to XOOPS? If so, can you tell me?

Grtz en thx

jmass
Re: Importing Geeklog stories and users to XOOPS
  • 2004/9/16 18:54

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

I don't know about geeklog specifically... but there are several threads regarding the DB level import of users. If it's in a SQL DB you should be able to script the conversion.

Do a search for importing users.

If you can't figure it let me know. I have some import scripts (these are in the other threads)... you will have to figure out how to get the geek log stuff out though.

JMass

JMass

gravies
  • 2004/9/16 19:22

• gravies

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/18

I just did this yesterday... I have a couple of scripts that I hacked from other posts. I have one for stories, links, and users. The topics in geeklog are a bit of a pest though as the SQL has the names and not an ID. I can send you what I have if you like.

NeoNecro
  • 2004/9/17 18:39

• NeoNecro

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/11

Quote:
I just did this yesterday... I have a couple of scripts that I hacked from other posts. I have one for stories, links, and users. The topics in geeklog are a bit of a pest though as the SQL has the names and not an ID. I can send you what I have if you like.

That would be great!
Can you mail them to me? I will be in youre eternal debt.
You can mail them to dimitri[at]dimis-site[dot]be.

Thank you very much!

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits