Mike1234
locked out of admin?
  • 2004/9/17 2:01

• Mike1234

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/16

Something happened when I tried to turn on debug php method. the change seemed to take, but then when I tried to go to the admin screen I got:

"This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed."

Submit repeats this message... Cancel sends me back home.

I've been working on the site for a few weeks until now...

I tried logging out and back in again. I also tried my other admin user -- same symptom.

I am the only admin for this site, and now seem to be locked out.

??

Chappy
Re: locked out of admin?
  • 2004/9/17 3:11

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Just ooout of curiosity, are you using a firewall? Could it be that some setting was changed (or activated) on the firewall rather than this being due to a change in settings? Do you have cookies enabled? Firewalls and cookies not being enabled, if I remember correctly, can cause this kind of issue. You are not being recognized, therefore cannot go past this point. I aam probably completely wrong, though.

Someone else will probably have a better thought, but saw that no one had responded so thought I would take a stab at it.

Mike1234
Re: locked out of admin?
  • 2004/9/17 13:53

• Mike1234

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/16

Yes. The problem was my Norton Personal Firewall. I figured this out by connecting from another computer and network all together... very strange.

Thanks for the reply.

Login

Who's Online

65 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 65

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits