Spamhead
Im an idiot......
  • 2004/9/12 21:54

• Spamhead

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/8 1

Ive installed XOOPS ok & it appears to be running fine. My problem is that im an idiot.

How do I insert my own logo onto the top of the page, & why cant I seem to be able to upload themes & modules. Ive tried uploading a fairly simple module into public-html, modules, but im sure im doing something wrong as it wont work. The module came from this site so I guess it must be the correct file type.

Im on a mac - so when I download & unzip would this affect the file at all?

Thanks

sbkiller
Re: Im an idiot......
  • 2004/9/12 22:02

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Well, your not a idiot your just new.

First did you go throught the tutorials or XOOPS documents?

I don't work on Mac...so is hard to said that file differ or not. Suffit-Expand it that what it called the software for the zip extracting?

Bassman
  • 2004/9/12 22:03

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Hmmm

First of all, it should work OK on a mac. All files in modules should be PHP and/or HTML which are platform independent.

To change your logo file, replace the image file in your selected theme with the image of your choice. Make sure it's the same size and image type as the original one or change the theme.html file to accomodate the changes.

Also, make sure you have selected "yes" in the "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" part under system admin>preferences>general preferences.

With the module problem: Make sure you only upload the actual module folder. Some modules have extra folders in the zip file with the module folder as a subfolder. Make sure you read any instructions that come in the zip file to be sure.

Spamhead
  • 2004/9/12 22:05

• Spamhead

• Just popping in

Yep im doing everything how it says. When i upload things i cannot select a whole folder I have to select things one by one & upload them in batches of 12 - is this the correct way as it takes ages? Stuffit unstuffs in PC format so it should be ok.

Bassman
  • 2004/9/12 23:50

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

did you create a folder in your /modules folder that's the same name as the module folder to put all those files in?

It's much easier to use a FTP program, if that's possible.

Spamhead
  • 2004/9/12 23:54

• Spamhead

• Just popping in

I have managed to get the theme uploaded & working now. My image im trying to upload for the site logo is indentical size, format etc etc as the original theme one - which i deleted. I uploaded mine & titled it the same as the original, but the original still keeps appearing. Any ideas.......?

Bassman
  • 2004/9/12 23:57

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

only my first post as above......

YourHelp
  • 2004/9/13 0:58

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

You’re not an Idiot love. You are what we call a No00b AND we all start as noobs. Don’t worry XOOPS is easy enough to use just take awhile to soak in how it works. You will pick it up in no time.

Spamhead
  • 2004/9/13 1:01

• Spamhead

• Just popping in

Hmmm, im still fighting with this logo. Ive managed to get rid of the original one - im now left with a green background & still mine refuses to show its face

YourHelp
  • 2004/9/13 1:08

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

if you need some quick help i dont mind helping ya out PM me your msn messenger or AOL or icq and we can have a chat.

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits