WhispTech
Where can I find people to setup xoops configuration with modules
  • 2004/9/11 16:54

• WhispTech

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/11

Hi,

I was wondering how much it would cost unless someone is willing to do free to set up xoops. I have been going at it for days with nothing but issues. Blocks wont go places, my partners which i renamed to sponsors keeps screwing up and giving me error messages and wont config the way i want.

Anyways I just need it setup and then i will be good to go to enter data.

I have it already installed and partly configured but for some reason things that I even want non registered uswers to see like the partners section wont show up and cant have the new topics scroll bar for non registeered either.

Only thing i wanted people registered for is the forum and that the only place i want them to comment in.

Anyways im sick of manuals and such and I tried to use XOOPS since was told it was easier but it inst and stuff.

Also I need a save function since i aint no programmer and I hate programming.

If XOOPS isnt meant for me then tell me now so I can find something that is that will be user friendly.

Thanks

DonXoop
Re: Where can I find people to setup xoops configuration with modules

Sorry that you're frustrated. I'm guessing that you'll have various problems with any CMS, they are pretty complicated applications. Hard to make it as user friendly as expected and allow the flexibility it needs to cover everyone's needs and server abilities.

As for is XOOPS right for you you would need to clearly state what you need a site to do and who the audience is.

Plenty of people here can help with questions but I think you need more direct help to get started.

One hint: Admin/System/Groups allows you to give any group (anonymous) access to areas you desire.

I can offer help but the opposite of "Sale, this week only", I might have to charge money. I haven't been able to pay rent yet this month and I think you need more than a simple tweak.

WhispTech
  • 2004/9/11 19:03

• WhispTech

• Just popping in

Well that hint you gave helped.

Is there any known isses with teh partnet module i should know about.

It just doesnt seem to want to setup.

As for the rest it seems to be going a bit better.

After i get the default setup i want to start on graphics and then ill start moving all my content over to the new site which I have figured out mostly how to do and habve my html coding written down and stuff.

This is what I have so far.

http://whisptech2.dyndns.org

Im not that rich either im waiting for disabilty since government screwing me around and trying to get a business up and going in case i get screwed which is pretty tough lol.

Also my mail for users trying to register doesnt seem to work and never had that issue and it works for my phpbb forum.

Anyways some features i would like to have lol:

-working partner (renamed to sponors) module. It keeps giving me errors and seems to lag out and just be slow. the rest of XOOPS runs fast.

-a module that will let me save my database.

mm thats about it for now.

WhispTech
  • 2004/9/11 19:13

• WhispTech

• Just popping in

Mail works now

that was easy enough

so basically why my partners module isnt working and i need a save abilty.

edit:

btw : Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

that is the partners module error whenevr i add more then one partner and it loads very very slow like it cant find something

but if you go to the site they will all be listed but i cant get them to show allup on my main page

WhispTech
  • 2004/9/12 21:03

• WhispTech

• Just popping in

edit

WhispTech
  • 2004/9/12 21:04

• WhispTech

• Just popping in

edit

twitaman
  • 2004/9/12 21:11

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

I feel your pain. I too am new to XOOPS--though I've been at it for a few months now. I did a lot of research before I chose XOOPS as my CMS and I think it's the best for my needs.

One initial source that helped me out a lot in the beginning was http://www.macambridge.com/dummies/ Check it out.

WhispTech
  • 2004/9/12 21:12

• WhispTech

• Just popping in

edit

how do i remove the anti dos module folder from off my desktop it wont delete and says that it cant be no matter what i set its permissions too?

WhispTech
  • 2004/9/12 21:16

• WhispTech

• Just popping in

edit

WhispTech
  • 2004/9/12 21:22

• WhispTech

• Just popping in

btw this is what is done so not like i havnt played with it forever since gone 3 days no sleep on this

http://whisptech2.dyndns.org

edit

ok thanks to that link that guy gave i found this.

include("mainfile.php");
include("header.php");
$xoopsOption['show_rblock'] = 1; //0 for no right block
?>

Your HTML Code here (Note: Do not include head and body tags)

include("footer.php");

?>

that is going to save me alot of headaches and now i have just disable the main menu XOOPS gives and made my own block that links to what XOOPS main menu was link too lol.

now i can also have my own menus.

anyways will see what happens

and screw the partners module i will just make my own block and shove pictures in it and then make an other php page that shows all my sponsors like how the partners one did but was so buggy.

weeeeeee

Login

Who's Online

436 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 436

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits