fbp2k
Re: Admin login problem
  • 2004/9/8 10:50

• fbp2k

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/8 9

Hi !
Quote:

When I click "Administration Menu", it gives screen with the message "This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed." When I click <Submit>, another screen saying "Logging you in" appears for a few second and then it returns to the screen "This is your first time to enter the administration section" again. It is endless loop.

--> exactly the same for me on my provider webspace...

Fred

OpticClear
  • 2004/9/9 12:09

• OpticClear

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/9 1

Hi
I am having the same problem as fbp2k. I am using windows Xp, Apache 2.0 to try how XOOPS works.

Anyone knows the answer? Thanks.

Gerbilmore
  • 2004/9/9 20:46

• Gerbilmore

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/9 2

Exactly the same problem here too...

theprof
  • 2004/9/10 21:38

• theprof

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/14

Yes I am having the same problem. I wanted to try the new 2.07. Well I am having difficulties trying to access the Admin. as stealth is having..maybe its a glitche in the new version of xoops. because i never had this problem with 2.06

OpticClear
  • 2004/9/11 1:57

• OpticClear

• Just popping in

Hi
I solved the problem. The main culprit was the firewall utitlities. When I disabled the firewall and flush the cache, the program worked like a charm.

OpticClear
  • 2004/9/11 2:00

• OpticClear

• Just popping in

Hi
I solved the problem. The main culprit was the firewall utitlities. When I disabled the firewall and flush the cache, the program worked like a charm.

sotospeak
  • 2004/9/28 16:47

• sotospeak

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/27

Anyone was able to trace down the problem in the meantime?

Mithrandir

The problem is that XOOPS requires access to the HTTP_REFERER property, which is often blocked by software firewalls.

In order to be able to make changes to the database or access the administration menu, this property must be accessible by XOOPS.

Depending on the firewall, there are various ways of making it not block the HTTP_REFERER (or "information about visited sites") for your site.

sotospeak
  • 2004/9/28 17:47

• sotospeak

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/27

Thanks for you reply but I am not sure that is the problem. Certainly not in my case anyway: disabled antivirus, disabled Zone Alarm, cleared cache, cookies enabled, but always the same home page without admin menu (no menu at all to be precise) and always the same error:

PHP Warning: Failed opening 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/class/xoopsblock.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\phpdev5\php\includes;c:\phpdev5\php\class') in c:\phpdev5\www\xoops\header.php on line 28
PHP Fatal error: Failed opening required 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH/class/template.php' (include_path='.;c:\phpdev5\php\includes;c:\phpdev5\php\class') in c:\phpdev5\www\xoops\header.php on line

More strange, installation had no problem with my public domain on ISP server.

It is very frustrating XOOPS is affected by this annoying problem that, from what I read, is quite common.

Mithrandir

your problem is that the mainfile.php was not included properly - for some reason - so XOOPS_ROOT_PATH is not defined.

I am surprised that you get any content at all if that's the error you get.

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (185 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits