Chainsaw
Need help with creating a commercial website with multiple themes
  • 2004/9/7 21:19

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

Looks like I will be taking up this challenge during this Christmas.

A commercial company has quoted multiple $10K to design and create a new website for the company I work for (where I am the IT Manager). Of course I disagree with their pricing because I know it could be done for a lot less using Open Source CMS like XOOPS

Well they walked out of the discussion so I was talking to the Marketing Manager and decided I will accept the challenge of replicating the existing themes with XOOPS just to prove it can be done.

So I have the following problems.

1. Multiple domains going to their own page. We have different brandings with their own domains. They need to go to their respective web page and the URL on the browser must be the correct one (ie none of those www.myprimarydomain.co.nz/modules/sections etc etc, it has to be www.mysecondarydomain.co.nz ). How do I fix this?

2. Multiple theme. Basically we have different color schemes for each domain (or brandings). For example blue for brand product A, orange for brand product B and green for brand product C. How do I do this?

I tried looking for a New Zealand based XOOPS developer at this forum but don't seem to have any in this region. If the company like the work I will be able to copy the work to a hosted webserver.

Lance_
Re: Need help with creating a commercial website with multiple themes
  • 2004/9/7 22:38

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Hello,

Just by using the multisite hack, you will be able to specify each site on it's own and share tables, for the modules you want to share between sites.

My sites are being redone right now, but check out the links in my sig for an example of multisites. (All are linked except gdl-web)

Cheers.

Duane
Re: Need help with creating a commercial website with multiple themes
  • 2004/9/7 22:42

• Duane

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/20

Here is my 2 cents.
Install XOOPS once for EACH domain.
That way it would have it's own theme and it's own URL.

Please understand that is just 2 cents worth from a really "green" user of XOOPS.

I have several themes set up one for one logo/color and one for another logo/color - this is all just in test mode - not production. I am just playing around with XOOPS and I am learning evey day.

I am waiting to see what the experts have to say about this.

GOOD LUCK and GOD BLESS
-Duane-

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (182 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits