rabideau
XoopsForge & Install difficulties (BUGS?)
  • 2004/8/1 16:49

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

I am trying to setup XoopsForge on my site (v 1.05). It seems that most of the installation goes well expect for the following:
--Submit a Hack gives me a Blank Screen along with this error message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '[', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/rabideau/public_html/Support/modules/xfmod/include/tracker/ArtifactTypeHtml.class on line 111
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: langfile in file modules/xfmod/include/pre.php line 35
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: group_id in file modules/xfmod/include/logger.php line 15
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: form_grp in file modules/xfmod/include/logger.php line 17

--Start a Project seems to force me the XOOPS Site (I don't want to go there... I'd like my own thing) although I get this message stream:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: utype in file modules/xfmod/language/english/register.php line 7
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: type in file modules/xfmod/language/english/register.php line 11
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: type in file modules/xfmod/language/english/register.php line 20
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: type in file modules/xfmod/language/english/register.php line 20
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: type in file modules/xfmod/language/english/register.php line 22
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: type in file modules/xfmod/language/english/register.php line 23
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: utype in file modules/xfmod/language/english/register.php line 24
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: utype in file modules/xfmod/language/english/register.php line 26
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: utype in file modules/xfmod/language/english/register.php line 29
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: utype in file modules/xfmod/language/english/register.php line 31
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: utype in file modules/xfmod/language/english/register.php line 32
Notice [PHP]: Constant ”×8Ç“ already defined in file modules/xfmod/language/english/register.php line 54
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: group_id in file modules/xfmod/include/logger.php line 15
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: form_grp in file modules/xfmod/include/logger.php line 17

--Report a Bug is also a blank screen with the following error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '[', expecting ',' or ';' in /home/rabideau/public_html/Support/modules/xfmod/include/tracker/ArtifactTypeHtml.class on line 111
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: langfile in file modules/xfmod/include/pre.php line 35

--Help requests seems to work although I get this message stream:

Notice [PHP]: Constant ¨Ï-@¨Ï-@RESUME already defined in file modules/xfjobs/language/english/people.php line 97
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: group_id in file modules/xfjobs/index.php line 55
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: category_id in file modules/xfjobs/index.php line 78
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: group_id in file modules/xfjobs/index.php line 87
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: job_id in file modules/xfjobs/index.php line 87
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: content in file modules/xfjobs/index.php line 87

-- Code Snippets also seems to work but I get:

Notice [PHP]: Constant €@ÊÈ~ÀADMENU1 already defined in file modules/xfsnippet/language/english/modinfo.php line 6
Notice [PHP]: Constant È~À¸Ï-@ADMENU2 already defined in file modules/xfsnippet/language/english/modinfo.php line 7
Notice [PHP]: Constant ˆ×¸Ï-@ADMENU3 already defined in file modules/xfsnippet/language/english/modinfo.php line 8

-- NNTP??? any guidance available on how to make the DB update function work? Or how to use something other than XOOPs NNTP things?

Thanks!
...mark

kiang
Re: XoopsForge & Install difficulties (BUGS?)
  • 2004/9/6 8:57

• kiang

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/9/2 1

I had the same problem. I'm trying to find out all infomation about xoopsforge. Then get some results:

1. Xoopsforge and myxoopsforge didn't release new version for a long time.
2. Both the cvs version of myxoopsforge and the package found in dev.xoops.org are unstable for a newbie, me...
3. The only one I could setup more better is novellforge( forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?forge ), but their package need some services provided by Novell...>.<

I also found many free software development systems were developed base on Sourceforge with version 2.x they released before. And most active one of these is gforge(http://gforge.org ). The mambo project also support that project (http://mamboforge.net/ )

I've almost completed the translation to Tradition Chinese for novellforge. What should I do next ??

1. Modify the novellforge to support OpenLDAP?? --need a long time...
2. Wait the stable version of xoopsforge, myxoopsforg or the forge used in dev.xoops.org ?
3. Translate the latest version of gforge?

We( a company) want to develope a local clone of any forge system to do the same thing in our language. I prefered to use XOOPS modules. Any could help me even if need charge through paypal??

Anonymous
  • 2004/9/6 9:46

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

kiang wrote:
1. Xoopsforge and myxoopsforge didn't release new version for a long time.

Xoopsforge seems to be dead and it is the version for

xoops 1.3

myXoopsForge didn´t release a new version at the moment, because the newbb tokes a lot of time, so i only keep the dev.xoops.org forge bugfree and only fix reported bugs if i got time left.

Quote:

2. Both the cvs version of myxoopsforge and the package found in dev.xoops.org are unstable for a newbie, me...
3. The only one I could setup more better is novellforge( forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?forge ), but their

package need some services provided by Novell...>.<

For your history search: the myXoopsForge was the first port to XOOPS 2 and the base for Novell for their Xoops2 Version of Novellforge. They only add a lot of extra stuff in it to support their Novell services ( i.e. eDir )

Quote:

I've almost completed the translation to Tradition Chinese for novellforge. What should I do next ??

1. Modify the novellforge to support OpenLDAP?? --need a long time...

Afaik ldapguru starts to add OpenLDAP support, but this is 4 month ago and i didn`t see any further steps on it.

Quote:

2. Wait the stable version of xoopsforge, myxoopsforg or the forge used in dev.xoops.org ?

After the newbb, the myXoopsForge is returning back to my developing focus, so the bugfixed version in the dev.xoops.org will be overworked to run more stable as it is now

Quote:

3. Translate the latest version of gforge?

We( a company) want to develope a local clone of any forge system to do the same thing in our language. I prefered

to use XOOPS modules. Any could help me even if need charge through paypal??

Your welcome for further developing on the myXoopsForge.

Greetz Predator

kiang
  • 2004/9/7 3:54

• kiang

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/9/2 1

Got it. Let me know if you begin to work on it. Although I need some years learning to join the development, I could help in testing or some other easy jobs.

Now I have to continue the translation of gforge. Because our project must start first before some other partners being despairing...^^||

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits