gravies
Expand replies at same level in newbb threaded mode?
  • 2004/9/3 0:30

• gravies

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/18

I would like to be able to expand replies at the same level when I am in threaded mode in newbb. At the moment if you display in flat mode then a reply to a post from long ago seems out of context. If you switch to threaded mode then you only seem to get the headers of posts.

I have looked at newbb v2 beta but even that doesn't seem to have it? Are there any other XOOPS integrated forums that do this or is there a hack or am I just missing something?

Cheers

gravies
Re: Expand replies at same level in newbb threaded mode?
  • 2004/9/3 2:06

• gravies

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/18

Further investigation shows that none of the most popular forum suites do this!? I checked phpBB (demo), punBB (demo), Invision PowerBoard - threaded is the same as newbb (demo, Phorum (demo)...

Some that look promising: vBulletin - has 'hybrid mode' that looks good (demo), drupal - has nested view that looks nice (demo).

What I want seems to be standard for comments but is obviously rare for forum posts. slashdot has the best version of this using their score system (demo) and my previous favorite portal software geeklog also does a good job with comments (demo).

I will continue my searching...

Aianda
Re: Expand replies at same level in newbb threaded mode?
  • 2004/9/3 3:52

• Aianda

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/12

If it helps, IPB and PhpBB are available for XOOPS at:
bbpixel.com

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits