Mithrandir
Re: Installing themes badly

Are you enabling php debug before you make these theme experiments?

New2This
  • 2004/8/1 23:58

• New2This

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/1 2

Well, I just did the same thing. Added themes directories to Themes in the root. They appeared in the theme selections under Admin>System>Preferences. Chose one. Went to index.php and got a blank page. Immediately went back to the Admin page was able to change back to default, went back to index.php and everything fine. Shut down the computer came back a few hours later and can not now see the XOOPS site, admin page, etc. I'm stuck!

twitaman
  • 2004/8/6 1:03

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

Just want to say that the exact same thing happened to me today when I tried to use a theme (7dana-soft) http://www.7dana.com/download/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=25 that I had downloaded after installing XOOPS for the first time. Big ol' BLANK PAGE! I followed the instructions on XOOPS for Dummies but still managed to f*ck it up. Is there something obvious missing in the instructions? Perhaps they overestimated the dummies

MareLooke
  • 2004/8/22 20:19

• MareLooke

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/22

I'm having the same problem with a theme from 7dana (round to be precise) when I set this as a theme I just get a white page, the default themes seem to be working alright

twitaman
  • 2004/8/22 20:31

• twitaman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/7/28

- Make sure you upload the correct folder. *NOTE : The correct folder is the folder that contains the "theme.html" file, look inside the folder you are uploading and make sure its the correct folder, an extra folder may be created in the unzipping process.
- Change CHMOD permission to 755 for all theme files.
- Set "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" to "YES" in General Settings
- Change theme to 7dana-soft throu "Xoops admin > Preference" and delete all files in "template_c" folder and you will see new theme.

Login

Who's Online

396 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 396

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits