intel352
Re: *nuke users moving to xoops - need a site conversion script?
  • 2004/8/21 23:08

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

find out exactly what version of nuke you have, and then you can download some of the older releases, and start upgrading

i'd suggest trying nuke 6.0, see if you can get 5.5 to upgrade. keep in mind you haveta upgrade the forum to bbtonuke along the way for my script to work. also, if i were you, i would do all the upgrades on a test site (copy of the real site), and test it along the way to make sure shit don't break, lol

then try nuke 6.5 maybe, and then nuke 6.8

http://nukecops.com/downloads-cats-1-10-10.html

stealth
  • 2004/8/22 14:54

• stealth

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/20

Thanks for the advise but I wouldn't try this sort of thing on a production sytem anyways. I'm past this pont ... years past this point

In case updating won't work for some reason (I'm not to sure how customized the nuke system is that I'll have to convert), I'll rewrite the parts in your script that break. I would send it back to you but I guess there's no real use of this for other people in case it's to heavily customised. But then again, maybe it's a good example how to customize your conversion script. Well, we'll see. It's vacation time and eventually I won't have to worry about it for the next 2 weeks.

In any case, I'll keep you updated with what's happening.

BTW: I've got a little problem on one of my machines at home that I wasn't able to sovle by now. Maybe you've got some ideas. Check it out right here:https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23582&forum=1

Don't worry, the thread is just 3 msg. long

intel352
  • 2004/8/22 16:24

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

couldn't hurt to post it

stealth
  • 2004/8/23 10:54

• stealth

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/20

Indeed !

But I'm still hoping that the system is not customized to death. That would definatly complicate things. Before i left for vacation, I could see a couple of customized modules, but none of them creates any new tables in the db. Hopefully I can find XOOPS modules that can be hacked to behave like that. Yeah I know, I'm lazy

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits