openup
Synchronizing Data b/w 2 DBs?
  • 2004/8/21 2:45

• openup

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/3 2

I'm planning/trying to implement XOOPS into my personal homepage because it seems much easier to manage some current/future contents, however, since I'm not a programmar, I'm facing extreme difficulty modifying the XOOPS systems. So, I just got this idea, if there's a possible solution to synchronize data b/w two or more databases within a server.

My current system is...

> XOOPS (ENGLISH) 2.07
> Multilanguage hack 1.4 by marcan

and I wanted to install

> BBS module by koudanshi

However, after viewing the contents of each package, I found they have some files in common, and if I install koudanshi's module, it will require me to modify marcan's hack, which is THE PROBLEM for me.

So, I got this idea...
(for example)

Database A
> XOOPS 2.07
> Multilanguage hack

then

Database B
> phpbb from the original site

I am wondering if it is possible to synchronize the user data and some other related data between these two databases, so that I will not really have to modify multilanguage hack.

Anyone can help?

brash
Re: Synchronizing Data b/w 2 DBs?
  • 2004/8/21 4:28

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi Openup,

From a front end view that's exactly what koudanshi's version of phpbb does. It intergrates the standalone phpbb into Xoops, although it all uses the same database at the back end, and also requires a few core hacks from memory. I imagine what you want to do can be done, but not easily.

If you're sights are set on phpbb I'd suggest waiting for bd_csmc's phpbb complete intergration project as it will install as a clean XOOPS module, and won't require any core hacks. Also keep in mind tha Newbb 2 is not far off and is shaping up to be a great forum module as well.

openup
Re: Synchronizing Data b/w 2 DBs?
  • 2004/8/21 9:54

• openup

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/3 2

Quote:
I imagine what you want to do can be done, but not easily.

Do you know how? Have you tried it?

I've looked at the newbb2, but it seems there are some troubles with installations and so. I don't exactly know when bd_csmc's intergration project ends...

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits