djsckizo
The weirdness of my box vs. wfdownloads
  • 2004/8/19 19:09

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

So I wanted to set up an ftp server for the musicians of xmike. My linux box felt the exact opposite. So I decided to give wfdownloads a try and see if it would work. Granted, it has TONS of input boxes that most of my users will never need to use, but it is a great module none the less. So, that was the plan.

Then the monster of my machine attacked.

For some reason, everything works fine when you are logged in. I have it set so anonymous users can access it as well. However, for some reason it doesn't show any available downloads, even though there are several in there. They can upload anonymously, but for some reason it always shows a count of 0. If you click the category, it shows up nothing. If you click a direct link to a download, it will show up the page perfectly. It seems like something funky is going down, and it's not James Brown. Any ideas?

*note my thread in the Lounge area about me being completely new to Linux*

Catzwolf
Re: The weirdness of my box vs. wfdownloads
  • 2004/8/19 20:12

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Did you set the files permissions for each file?

djsckizo
  • 2004/8/20 2:06

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

you mean chmod them? I wouldn't expect to have to do that for each file that is uploaded.

The problem is further it seems. Not only are the counts at 0 and not showing any files, even though there are files under the categories, but the blocks that I have turned on are not showing up. They are turned on in the groups section for everyone to view them. The module is viewable but the files aren't for some reason.

I'm going to move it all to my actuall web space and see if that makes a difference. Atleast that way I'll know if it's something screwy on my home server (which I suspect may be the case).

Catzwolf
  • 2004/8/20 6:16

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

djsckizo wrote:
you mean chmod them? I wouldn't expect to have to do that for each file that is uploaded.

The problem is further it seems. Not only are the counts at 0 and not showing any files, even though there are files under the categories, but the blocks that I have turned on are not showing up. They are turned on in the groups section for everyone to view them. The module is viewable but the files aren't for some reason.

I'm going to move it all to my actuall web space and see if that makes a difference. Atleast that way I'll know if it's something screwy on my home server (which I suspect may be the case).

No, I mean the permissions for each download in WF-Downloads admin. Sounds like this maybe where your problem lies.

djsckizo
  • 2004/8/20 19:51

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

You are correct. That is what was messed up. But there is a problem with that. Anonymous users, when submitting a download, do not see this option to set it's permissions so I'm still stuck.

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits