djsckizo
Re: Server Guru's and Other Tech Savy People...come here
  • 2004/8/18 14:31

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Alrighty. Now it is viewable to the world. I installed XOOPS on it and got the login loop problem that others have complained about on here. That just probably means I'm not done configuring stuff through webmin.

--or that it hates me and plots it's revenge in my sleep.

My next order of business is to set up an anonymouse ftp server for users on a community forum I go to. Basically it's so musicians can upload their own music and have people download it. We had one like that before that someone was doing, but he has since vanished into the Bermuda Triangle or something, and it doesn't work any more. I plan to use XOOPS to do this later on in the year if the artist profile module gets made and working properly, but for now we are stuck to doing things this way. And it's not working right yet, so I think I may have to kill my computer with a stick.

Or fix it.

And yes, so far mandrake has been a good choice in learning. It's pretty easy to play around with, though I'm still used to Windows and it's simplicity. Still, this is just a middle ground as I prepare myself to run a dedicated box in the future. It will be a semi-managed one from Surpass, but I'd still like to know what I'm doing before I crash the whole Internet.

Login

Who's Online

103 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 103

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits