-Page
Re: 2 New Themes for Xoop Peepers!
  • 2004/8/13 0:22

• -Page

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/16

Wow!!, why would you defend your credits so harshly on such vanilla designs?

That same look has got to be on a million websites out there!

I mean , their both really, REALLY plain and based on very over used looks with common boxes and a common layout that isn't even in the farthest of since, close to being remotely "your own"...

Threatening legal action on either of those layouts is a hairs breath from me color coding a simple 3 table layout red and white and aggressivly enforcing my copyright on 3 table red and white themes as a derivative of MY work.

I checked out Zarron.com and work looks worthy of full credit and $$ for the products offered. Your good! - Which really makes me wonder why you would care in the least about these 2 "couldn't be more average" themes! ??

- You should have just said something to the extent of "Hey, I'm sure that these 2 are based on my work and I'm flattered that you've been working with them!

I'm certain that she would have added you appropriately to the credits (probably on auto-pilot), and the link and association with your "REAL WORK" would have been in strong order with Xoops!

No one likes anyone that acts as if they have a lawyer on retainer and a gun in their pocket.

If either of those layouts had a dime between them in copyright value, it was cashed out upon your first phrase...

You should really give this girl one of your better PHPBB themes with a license to remove your client visible copyright and a - "just as firm and manly"- apology, for realizing that your approach was so inappropriate in context.

At any rate, you may want to re-think the flexibility that you allow yourself in some situations, loose the lawyer and hire a third party for your public relation efforts.

- It's good advice.

Warr1or
  • 2004/8/13 1:52

• Warr1or

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/2 1

heh heh... this looks more like a (minor) Quake flame... surprising first time to see ugliness/arrogance in Xoops.

sbkiller
  • 2004/8/13 2:25

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

ummm... yeaahhhh

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits