hansvanderys
How far can I go with Xoops?

With some volunteers of a non-profit organisation, we are trying to accomplish a php-mysql-application. This webapplication will be an order and financial system for the non-profit organisation.

Foodteams have there members who can order products by their producers. Different foodteams can have different producers. The members place their orders and the person from the foodteam who is responsable for the orders triggers when the producers can see their orders.

Who's involved?
- a foodteam has 20 to 30 members
- a foodteam has 3 to 10 producers
- a foodteam has someone who is responsible for the orders, the financial system. There are different roles: a teammember, someone responsable for orders, someone responsable for financie, ...
- a producer has 5 to 40 foodteams

Xoops has blocks and groups, but their is no role-system, ... or don't we need it and can we realize it with blocks, groups, ...?

In stead of beginning from scratch, we would like to use XOOPS as the basic-program and built our system 'on top of it'.

The question is: how can we realize our goal?
- Can we develop our 'roles' in Xoops?
- Can we make subgroups?
- Do we need to develop modules and how do they fit in the role-, group- and block system?

If someone has a brilliant idea, please let us know.

jmass
Re: How far can I go with Xoops?
  • 2004/8/12 18:09

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

You can define roles by using geoup permissions. There is a stickey thread about this. I don't see anything that should not be well suited for Xoops.

JMass

hansvanderys

I can define for each foodteam and for each producer a group.
Do I make for each role ('responsable for orders', 'responsable for finance', 'team member', 'producer read only', 'producer all', ...) a module and show with blocks-permissions to each group?

solo71
  • 2004/8/12 19:38

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Maybe you could read "how to manage groups" ?

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits