khatti
URL Not Working
  • 2004/8/4 22:18

• khatti

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/26

Hi--
I installed XOOPS once, but was getting a lot of blank pages and not able to use the Admin Menu. Finally, after doing a lot of futile troubleshooting, I deleted everything including the database and decided just to start all over again.
Right away, after installing, I discovered that when I tried to get to my site, I was just bounced back to the starting page. I uninstalled everything a couple of times and reinstalled, but nothing helped. I was able to install XOOPS by adding /install to my URL...and the installation went without a hitch. Was able to edit Preferences and install Modules. I thought everything was cured. But when I closed the page, I found that I still cannot access it by typing in the URL...still getting bounced back. Any ideas? I'm kinda frustrated.

khatti

khatti
Re: URL Not Working...kinda
  • 2004/8/4 23:44

• khatti

• Just popping in

One more thing....if I add /index.php to my URL it takes me to the home page. If I log out, it takes me to the "Under Construction/log in page...and I can log in ok to the main page.
But if I just use my plain old URL with nothing attached to it...or add index.html, it doesn't work.

khatti

khatti
Re: URL Not Working...kinda
  • 2004/8/5 5:26

• khatti

• Just popping in

Replying to myself again...but anyway, strangely enough it all just started working. That is truly more puzzling than why it wasn't working. But for now, all is well...I'm playing with themes.

khatti

Login

Who's Online

318 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 318

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits