metin
artist pages with download list - which module to use ?
  • 2004/8/3 14:23

• metin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/21

For an Producer / Musician & DJ site i have to build a CMS site.

There have to be artist pages with their infos ( biografie / discografie ) & most of them will presents their own worx like demos.

I did install discograhy module but this doesn´t allow mp download´s. so the artists have to go to download section to give in their category their download link with infos about the track etc.

It would be fine when both sections would be in one module or when i have the opportunity to combine them that in their artist info page the downloads would be listed automatically ?

Which way should i go ?

I am not new to xoops, cause did install & test it earlier this year and did it now too on a test webspace. Site have to be finished in 3 or 4 months ( enough time to create good thinks ).

merci

djsckizo
Re: artist pages with download list - which module to use ?
  • 2004/8/3 16:31

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

i think i understood what you were getting at, and it's exactly what i'm looking for as well. i've been trying to figure out a way to do it with current modules for the past few months and still haven't figured out a good way yet. i wonder if there is a module for it.

basically you want to create mp3.com or soundclick.com...that's what i'm looking to do atleast

metin
Re: artist pages with download list - which module to use ?
  • 2004/8/3 18:57

• metin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/21

hello

i did write in wf-projets forum a topic to get an answer their too and id recognize no-ah but don´t know if this could help creating such a module.

We have some ideas for later.
An of them is to be a online music label as example.
don´t know how far we can go with XOOPS than but for this label we have to spend money and have a budged. So we could go then to an experienced XOOPS developer to get the site more professional.

Now we have to start without a budget and have to select the right modules. 1 year later there will be a lot of artists ( 50 now ) who did post a lot of infos which we dont wont to loose then.

3 or 4 months are not much but enough to start with right decisions. Now the site is existing with a board stlye ( wbb 1.1.1 ) and this is looking very bad. We would do an importing step with xoops. This step had to be done earlier but now its enough

ooh my school english is soo bad - i know - sorry

metin

Login

Who's Online

117 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 117

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits