mediaman
Fatal Error databasefactory.php on line 34 HELP!!!
  • 2004/8/3 3:23

• mediaman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/12

Went to my site and get this error.
Fatal error: Unable to connect to database in /home/My_Domain/public_html/network/class/database/databasefactory.php on line 34

Searched and found another string with the same problem but the resolution not posted. Can someone help......

Please and Thank you

YourHelp
Re: Fatal Error databasefactory.php on line 34 HELP!!!
  • 2004/8/3 3:25

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

Check the mainfile.php file in the main XOOPS directory! Check that the database password and username settings are correct.... make sure you chmod the mainfile.php back when finished.

mediaman
  • 2004/8/3 3:31

• mediaman

• Just popping in

Just checked mainfile.php and it is set right.

I have not made any changes on the site and it has been working fine for almost a year.

Any other suggestions?

YourHelp
  • 2004/8/3 3:36

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

Have you got a URL for the website you can private message me if you want to keep it private or post a reply here. I would like to take a peek

Just a quickie have you changed the theme or any settings in you're admin? Any updates? This problem also might be the actual database are you being hosted? Sometimes the host is the problem here especially if you haven’t made any changes to XOOPS and this error has just occurred recently.

darapera
  • 2004/8/3 3:43

• darapera

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/22

I had this problem before and it was my host having MySQL errors. Someone else on the server was locking down the DB. Check with host to see if they have a problem?

mediaman
  • 2004/8/3 12:56

• mediaman

• Just popping in

Checked the site again still down and I have made no changes, I host my own site and as far as I can tell my sql server is fine...but not sure cuz I'm a novice at all this.

I have not made changes but maybe my assistant has, I cant contact her at the moment.

Thinking back though I had a tuff time setting up MySQL on this site. But I am running other sql services on this server w/no prob. How can I check the sql server?

By the way thanks for all the help.

darapera, love your site, good goin.

Lonney

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits