3) Install CBB

Yep - worked for me

AM1340
Re: cbb problems
  • 2006/10/23 3:09

• AM1340

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/17

I have been monitoring the threads regarding making newbb 3.0.6 work with XOOPS 2.0.15 and have followed the directions provided herein to place the module, Frameworks, and xoopseditor within the XOOPS/htdocs folder as listed previously. I am unable to get the module installed, nor does it appear within the ADMIN/Modules section of the site for installation. I have uploaded the files in whole and folder by folder without succcess.

http://www.ifckc.org

Host: LINUX Redhat 7.2
MySQL 3.28.54
Perl 5.6.1, PHP 4.3.1
PHP Modules Installed: apxs, jpeg, png, gd, gettext, bz2, zlib, imap, mysql, pgsql, zip. Also, PHP is configured with --disable-debug, --enable-versioning, --enable-sockets, --enable-track-vars, --enable-trans-sid, --enable-ftp

Is there an MD5 check like that which comes with 2.0.15?

Any suggestions and /or solutions to resolve this issue?

Thank you

Anonymous
  • 2006/10/23 6:23

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Any suggestions and /or solutions to resolve this issue?

To get my install to work (on a new, not yet "live" site) I did the following:

1. Deactivated and uninstalled newbb2.0.2
2. Deleted the newbb2.0.2 module from the server
3. Logged into my website admin section to make sure it had gone (coz I'm methodical like that!)
4. Copied the latest Frameworks directory to make a new directory xoops/Frameworks
5. Copied the "xoopseditor" directory to xoops/class to make a new directory xoops/class/xoopseditor
6. Copied the newbb folder from the cbb3.06 download to the xoops/modules directory (as you would with any module)

I then logged into the admin area and enabled the "check for new templates" option, went to the homepage and clicked on the forums link in the main menu. I got a message saying that the forums were created successfully. There is a text category and a test post within it.

In short, you need to make sure that any old forums are uninstalled/removed from the system and that you have to following directory structure:

xoops/Frameworks
xoops/class/xoopseditor
xoops/modules/newbb

Hope this helps

John V

JamesSAEP
  • 2006/10/23 14:12

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

I have made a new installation package with cbb 3.06, article 0.98 which includes the most recent version of Frameworks and the xoopseditor.

You can download it HERE.

Eiter extract it and install a new XOOPS or extract it and see what the /class directory needs to look like.

Login

Who's Online

389 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 389

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits