m0nty
Re: How to upload a file using mydownloads???
  • 2004/6/20 21:12

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

I agree when the current bugs are ironed out of the WF Downloads module, it will be a very good module indeed, and i certainly will be using it..

@liquid, did u say the upload problem has been fixed? is there a working version i could possibly apply to my server as i currently have it installed and i'd luv to get at least some stable version on it..

@vinit, if u search the forums vinit, you may find a mydownloads RC2 version, which has user upload capability and it does work too.

if you fail to find it anywhere by searching, then send me ur email address and i will email you it.. i have it somewhere will have search my archive cd's..

but i'm pretty certain i downloaded it from a link on these forums somewhere so you will have to search.. it isn't in the downloads section..

intel352
  • 2004/6/20 21:13

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

invision power board allows almost everything to have unlimited options

i like everything being malleable, then i can totally change it without having to delve into code.

for a progress bar, how about print out ... or = or whatever as the download progresses. then upload a single mb file, and see how many . or = are printed out, and use that 1mb as an average to determine how much of a file is left

you could have the user select from a dropdown of sizes when they are submitting, maybe.. tho that seems like it's all getting too cumbersome

or, how about this.. echo out how much data has been received so far, every 5 or 10 seconds. that way, a user can see progress occurring.

or just have a repeating graphic like how Gallery does to show that the server is working.

davidl2
  • 2004/6/20 23:53

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Creating a category in WF-Downloads doesnt seem to work.

Am I missing something obvious? :)

Catzwolf
  • 2004/6/21 0:08

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
Creating a category in WF-Downloads doesnt seem to work.

Am I missing something obvious? :)

Empty categories are not displayed in the listing. =)

Liquid
WF-Section Webmaster

Catzwolf
  • 2004/6/21 0:11

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

bd_csmc wrote:

for a progress bar, how about print out ... or = or whatever as the download progresses. then upload a single mb file, and see how many . or = are printed out, and use that 1mb as an average to determine how much of a file is left

@bd_csmc:

This cannot be done due to the reason I gave earlier. I wish it could, because we would have done this already ;)=

Liquid
WF-Section Webmaster

davidl2
  • 2004/6/21 0:14

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Yes, but its not letting me add a category... and keeping it there

intel352
  • 2004/6/21 0:17

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

@wfsection

yes, i understand, that's why i said to have the user specify a size for the file that they are uploading, so they can get a general idea of how long it would take.

or just use the other suggestions

Catzwolf
  • 2004/6/21 0:21

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
@liquid, did u say the upload problem has been fixed? is there a working version i could possibly apply to my server as i currently have it installed and i'd luv to get at least some stable version on it..

@m0nty:

We are currently working on getting WF-Downloads stable as possible. All of the bugs that have been reported have been fixed and should be stable for the next release.

Couple of points to note with the next version. WF-Downloads will be a fork of my_downloads module that Catzwolf was working on. We have changed the database tables etc so you can install my_downloads and WF-Downloads together. We will ship a upgrade script with this version.

The biggest problem with this module is the mimetypes. We are currently re-writing the code for this part now and hopefully this will be an end to those problems everyone has been reporting.

Liquid
WF-Section Webmaster

davidl2
  • 2004/6/21 0:24

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Its looks a great module to me - if I could figure out what I'm doing wrong ;)

It would be good to limit some of the default fields displayed when uploading - as it may confuse some users....

Just a thought?

davidl2
  • 2004/6/21 0:49

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Still having no luck :(

Will de-install the module and try again :)

Login

Who's Online

436 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 436

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits