Mamba
Re: ExtGallery Upload Error jpeg mime type
  • 2013/8/14 14:40

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Well, I tested only for the .jpeg files, and it worked, so I didn't bother to do it the other way around.

I'll look into it sometime this week and we'll fix it once and for all.

On the other hand who is still using .jpeg extensions? Why don't you just rename all the files to .jpg and you don't have any problems anymore
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Cifug
  • 2013/8/14 23:03

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/12/13

Mamba, don't forget to reverse the code you committed to SVN
Quote:
Mamba wrote:
I'll look into it sometime this week and we'll fix it once and for all.

That would be fantastic, thank you.

If it works using batch upload you would think the correct code is already there we just have to find it.

Quote:
Mamba wrote:
On the other hand who is still using .jpeg extensions? Why don't you just rename all the files to .jpg and you don't have any problems anymore

I hear what your saying, I have only encountered this just last week for the 1st time. Before I posted here on Xoops I went through every possible senario I could think of to get around it and can't find an efficient alternative.

1). Most of my users won't know how to convert files and probably don't care for it either.
2). I have tried to rename files on my phone and it only allows name changes excluding the file extension...cannot change the extension on my phone.
3). Don't want to have to use batch upload as my users can't access it and I can't use it from my phone.

I know, this may be a bit of work for something that may not be used as often as .jpg or .gif but I'm thinking that a lot of people are finding this error and just dismissing it and throwing it in the "too hard" basket.

Mamba, I know it's not much but I'll test it into the ground for you.

Cheers,
Marty.

Mamba
  • 2013/8/14 23:49

• Mamba

Quote:
I know, this may be a bit of work for something that may not be used as often as .jpg or .gif

Not as often? Say: "almost never"!

This is the first time in years that I am faced with somebody using .jpeg

But as I said - we need to have a generic solution that let's the Admin decide which extensions are allowed and which not. Many modules have solved that in different ways, so I have to look into it and see which one would be the best and what can we extract and make more generic, so then it could be utilized by all modules.

I might not be able to provide this "generic solutions" soon, but at least I'll try to fix it for extGallery, so you'll have your .jpeg files

Support XOOPS => DONATE

Cifug
  • 2013/8/15 0:14

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Thanks mate your a legend

Mamba
  • 2013/8/19 18:59

• Mamba

I have committed some changes to XOOPS SVN, so please check it out and test if it works for you.

Basically what I did, I've replaced the "proprietary" ExtgalleryPhotoUploader with standard XoopsMediaUploader. The ExtgalleryPhotoUploader seems to be just an older version with some changes.

There still has to be done some code cleaning, but let's test the functionality.

I think, this is the direction that we need to go - to use as much as possible standard XOOPS classes in a more consistent way, and if needed, make changes via inheritance. For example, there is a "ExtgalleryPersistableObjectHandler" which is extended from XoopsObjectHandler, and I wonder why it is not extended from XoopsPersistableObjectHandler. I guess, on some occasions people were just using code that was not yet part of XOOPS, but we'll need to refactor this kind of code to simplify the modules.

This way if we update a XOOPS class, all modules can benefit from it.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Cifug
  • 2013/8/20 20:25

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Hi Mamba, thanks for your effort on this, do you have a link to the files for download?

Regards,
Marty.

Mamba
  • 2013/8/20 21:04

• Mamba

Go to the XOOPS SVN link, and click on the "Download Snapshot"
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Cifug
  • 2013/8/20 21:41

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

oh cool, I looked at that but wasn't sure exactly what that meant.

Cheers

Cifug
  • 2013/8/21 21:05

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Mamba, what is the class folder for? Does it need to be uploaded also?

Mamba
  • 2013/8/21 21:15

• Mamba

It contains some extra visual elements. Content of that folder goes to the XOOPS /class folder.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Login

Who's Online

345 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 345

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits