davidl2
Re: Been hacked direct to root index.php line added?
  • 2006/9/30 13:39

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I think it has to affect the whole site... but I'm not sure on this.

wizanda
  • 2006/9/30 14:53

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Yeh you were right I set a htaccess file in the Quran folder before i left and disabled from a switch in admin of the server.... flipping Quran stopped working tho....
say flipping as if you look on Google for Quran and search
It came up with ~Xoops the other day, from me asking to switch globals off in a module about a year ago or so...
sooooo...
How can a single module have globals switched off or how can you set a register globals on with only one module...
When my admin for my server i can switch globals off....can't remove the Quran though need to have one?

What causes globals on to begin with...

me got all security conscious now...

m0nty
  • 2006/9/30 15:09

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

put a htaccess file in the quran module folder with a php_flag that turns globals on.. that will then enable globals for all folders under it. so essentially your quran module will be globals enabled, but the rest of your site will have globals off.

wizanda
  • 2006/9/30 15:47

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Ok the Quran is broken we fixed it once and removed all the forged (brackets through it), (which makes for (bad) code) and reading especially from Arabic)
Yet it didn't work that is what i tried earlier I turned off globals from the server and there is still a htaccess file there in the modules folder, incase someone said you need to edit diffrent to a normal file?
As when we just tried it, the Quran failed to get the database?
I would love to fix it properly, did tidyed up the W3Checked alot yet still it needs flipping globals on????; do you know what causes that?
Sorry i keep flipping it's just makes me mad; I haven't found a solution to it in over a year...as well as writting to author twice?

wizanda
  • 2006/10/1 12:56

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Ok after having protector on yesterday, there it was again diffrent addition...
Yet same method so what i did is made the index.php of the main XOOPS root 444 and now seems ok... so far as from what I know the server doesn't need to be able to write to here, yet only read from there so making it a bit more secure...Guess everyone could do this also...

Login

Who's Online

461 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 461

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits