jimbofoxman
Re: I hate xcgal, can't get it to upload

Yeah, I did the FTP route on the initial install, but now I am thinking for individuals that want a user album, or images that get uploaded into the 10 public categories already created. New ones won't get sorted, just dumped into A folder with the rest of the images.

Guess that would be something to wish for in a later version. Each category of the gallery can have a directory specified and individual user galleries to actually work.

svaha
  • 2006/8/29 0:16

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

There is a button 'switch to user mode' or something, if you click that one, xcgal sees you as a user, and when the permissions are set to allow users to have an own gallery you can upload pictures into your own user album.

This batch uploading is for admins.

jimbofoxman

Kinda odd way of doing things, a user mode and admin mode. Seems like they could of made it all one menu and not so confusing (especially for normal site users, let alone admins).

Plus would be nice if you could define directory names for each category, rather than some number.

Oh well, can't have it all. Guess this will have to work for now.

svaha
  • 2006/8/29 1:08

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

I think this is done because the system (xcgal) then has control what users can and can't do and this is not the case for an admin.
It functions in many ways as coppermine gallery, users can have albums of their own that they can share with other users, or even private albums.

jimbofoxman

Anyone group that I give upload privelages gets the ADMIN/USER option, the other groups don't. Just seems odd to me, but maybe I am making it more difficult than it should be.

Anywho, thanks to all for sticking with me on this one.

Login

Who's Online

295 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 295

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits