Lance_
Re: charset encoding on theme problem
  • 2006/8/13 13:13

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

I remember when I played around with languages on one of my sites that I had trouble with charset, and by saving the language files in the required charset it worked. Unfortunately, I couldn't, for the life of me, remember how I had done it.

Temasweb has sent me files saved in ISO format so, at first glance, things seem to work fine. I need to put in all my changes again and see if I break anything in the proscess.

Cheers. Thanks for the hints.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Daigoro
  • 2006/8/13 14:14

• Daigoro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/7/3 2

It's only if the text you are having problems with are actualy written inside the themes files that the encoding of the themes files will matter.
As I understood it, you were having problems with contents and text from various modules.

But if you are unsure, you should definitly make sure all your language files are saved in the right encoding.
Next you should make sure all strings in your database is also in the right encoding.

Since you have allready had it up and running with uft8 on all your supported languages, I do however belive you have no encoding problems with your files nor the database.
I do rather belive the theme you are trying to use, tries to display your text with a wrong encoding.
Best regards,
Daigoro

Lance_
  • 2006/8/13 16:17

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

All is good now. Temasweb provided ISO format files.

I was quite perplexed, since one page in TinyD would have problems and the next one didn't. Then other modules also showed messed characters.

The changes in the theme itself were fine though.

Cheers.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits