Herko
Re: Future devel of newbb2?
  • 2005/5/15 11:11

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

as far as I know, nobody has taken up the newbb development project -yet. I am not informed about the status of the development team, but as phppp created the cbb module, I'm guessing he has left the newbb dev project for other people.

Since Predator left, maybe we can merge the modules again? Perhaps some developers are willing to work on newbb some more?

With XOOPS 2.1 and beyond, the current 'core modules' will no longer be that, but basically 3rd party module projects. This means we're not dependant on newbb, but it would be a shame to let that module project die.. it's up for grabs!

Herko

Mithrandir
Re: Future devel of newbb2?

In the process of finding modules for the module packages that will be available for individual download instead of having core modules included with the core, I will figure out which modules are needed but missing, which modules need more development and similar.

I will in this process talk with phppp about CBB and further development. I see no reason to revive NewBB just for the sake of it. If CBB is better, then that is where I will focus my energy instead of calling for developers for a NewBB that will fulfil the same need as CBB.

Login

Who's Online

486 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 486

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits