ackbarr
Re: how to high light whole column??

Bassman: I guess that I took the opposite view. IMO the IE team will NEVER fix rendering issues with IE unless web developers put pressure on them. If we ignore those features exist because of lack of support, then we will get our wish, they will never exist. The same goes for PNG transparency, child selectors, absolute positioning, or any other not supported feature in IE.

Sorry; rant over.

Raghost: to change the class of another object, you would need to make some adjustments to the supplied code.

In general you would first need to get a reference to your element, then change its className property. The easiest way to retrieve a reference to your element is to add an 'id' attribute to it:
<td class="class3">

becomes:
<td class="class3" [color=008000][b]id="mycol"[/b][/color]>

next, on the element that should trigger the hover change:
<td onmouseover="var e=xoopsGetElementById('[color=008000][b]mycol[/b][/color]');e.className='class1';" onmouseout="var e=xoopsGetElementById('[color=008000][b]mycol[/b][/color]');e.className='class3';">

raghost
  • 2005/4/11 16:35

• raghost

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/9 2

Thank you very much

i ll try out tonight.

thanx a lot!!

Bassman
  • 2005/4/13 13:26

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Quote:

ackbarr wrote:
Bassman: I guess that I took the opposite view. IMO the IE team will NEVER fix rendering issues with IE unless web developers put pressure on them. If we ignore those features exist because of lack of support, then we will get our wish, they will never exist. The same goes for PNG transparency, child selectors, absolute positioning, or any other not supported feature in IE.

Sorry; rant over.

Rant away ackbarr, you're right, of course :) Maybe one day all browsers will be created equal, unlike now :)

Login

Who's Online

310 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 310

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits