Mercury
Should I re- install? Any danger?
  • 2005/4/12 2:39

• Mercury

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/29

Hi Everyone,

I had to reload the site files (not the database) and now I only get blank pages. I cannot go to admin at all. I've checked that the permissions are set correctly on the necessary folders (777) and on mainfile.php (444). I've looked at the FAQ and have had no luck there, though I'm not sure how to do the sql querry that is listed there.

I'm thinking of just re-installing the site. Is there any danger that the new install will overwrite the database and mess it up? Will the new install be able to read the database and obtain the old data?

Also, more info. I'm running several sites off the same database, though each has a different set of tables.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mercury

jdseymour
Re: Should I re- install? Any danger?

The install will probably fail as the tables are already created. And XOOPS will fail to install unless the tables are not there.

What happened to cause this to your site?

Mercury
  • 2005/4/12 2:53

• Mercury

• Just popping in

I screwed up somehow. I deleted the folder with all the files. Luckily, I had a backup of the site files, but that doesn't seem to be working.

jdseymour

You said you restored the files. Did you check mainfile.php that the proper paths were entered?

Mercury
  • 2005/4/12 3:00

• Mercury

• Just popping in

yes, the paths look fine. Its strange, because (with my limited knowledge) it seems like everything is as it should be, but obviously I'm missing something. Thanks for trying to help. Any where else I can look?

jdseymour

Can you type :

http://www.yoursite_name.com/user.php and get to the login?

Or try admin.php with above, substituting your site name of course.

Mercury
  • 2005/4/12 3:08

• Mercury

• Just popping in

When I try that, it says "You don't have the right to access this area"

jdseymour

This backup, was it recent.....same themes modules and all installed. Is it possible a theme is entered in the database that is not in the themes folder?

Mercury
  • 2005/4/12 3:12

• Mercury

• Just popping in

You are right... there may be newer modules in the database that are not in the site files. As for themes, all the themes are there and accounted for.

jdseymour

Try to just over write the modules with the most current ones.

Clear your template_c and Cache folder. Hopefully it will work. I have to work early so going to bed now. Will check how you made out in the morning.

Good Luck.

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits