ddevore
Error line for some modules
  • 2005/3/12 21:15

• ddevore

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/8 1

I am getting an error when accessing some modules. They are usually reporting variables already defined. I have debuging turned off and they keep giving the errors. These errors are not with all modules and they are different on different installations.

For instance the news errors in one but not another. The errors don't seem to effect the functionality but they don't look good on the site and I would really rather not have them shown to my users.

Have I don't something to my installation or is this a normal thing?

How can I get rid of these errors?

Is there a flag I am missing somewhere or do I need to modify the files the errors are in?

jdseymour
Re: Error line for some modules

I believe that you have your PHP debug turned on in:

System Admin - Preferences - General Settings. The messages, though actually should not be, are usually no problem as long as they are just notice errors and the function of the module is unaffected.

ddevore
  • 2005/3/12 22:10

• ddevore

• Just popping in

I have checked that multiple times and it is off.

They don't seem to be errors but I would just not like them to be displayed.

dadoprom
  • 2005/3/12 22:25

• dadoprom

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/2 1

I would say that your ftp client didn't upload all the files or there is problem with some language variables - you would need to have for this the php debug on... I think u didn't upload all the files for some modules, or the names of the uploaded files are uppercase > need to be all lowercase.
Very strange think under XOOPS anyway. I never have had any issue like this.

ddevore
  • 2005/3/12 22:42

• ddevore

• Just popping in

Quote:

dadoprom wrote:
I would say that your ftp client didn't upload all the files or there is problem with some language variables - you would need to have for this the php debug on... I think u didn't upload all the files for some modules, or the names of the uploaded files are uppercase > need to be all lowercase.
Very strange think under XOOPS anyway. I never have had any issue like this.

I thought the same thing about the files and have checked them and they all seem correct. The funny thing is that most, if not all of them are "...variable is already defined..."

dadoprom
  • 2005/3/12 22:45

• dadoprom

• Not too shy to talk

...paste here these errors. Is it on your localhost, or on a server? U are sure you have the php debug off (there are actualy 3 options of debbuging)?

"Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" - do u have this option ON? If not turn on and check that debug setup

ddevore
  • 2005/3/12 22:51

• ddevore

• Just popping in

Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _XT_TE_BLOCO - assumed '_XT_TE_BLOCO' in file modules/xt_temas/blocks/xt_temas.php line 6

That one is a new one.. I just installed the xt themas

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: lastgroup in file modules/xroster/index.php line 111

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: this_year in file modules/news/archive.php line 150

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: rowRecordset2 in file modules/donations/blocks/Donat_o_Meter.php line 120

I guess it was undefined variable and not already defined. I thought that is what it was variable already defined.

The one in the news module now seems to be gone except for the archive.

These are really annoying and dubug is off.

dadoprom
  • 2005/3/12 22:59

• dadoprom

• Not too shy to talk

It looks like u have the php debug on, check it again! Try also turning off the cache for modules and turn on this option "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?"

Other than this I really don't know.

ddevore
  • 2005/3/12 23:14

• ddevore

• Just popping in

Debug is off.. no caching of any kind. I have checked the files for the modules again and they are correct. I have turned on the update template option.

I installed the forum that comes with XOOPS and while setting the permissions for the forums I got these errors. When I go into edit the settings these come up also. This is the standard module with no updates.

Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant uid - assumed 'uid' in file modules/newbb/admin/admin_priv_forums.php line 235
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant uid - assumed 'uid' in file modules/newbb/admin/admin_priv_forums.php line 235

jdseymour

PHP debug mode has to be enabled somewhere. Have you recently installed a module when this started.

Sometimes developers enable debug mode when testing a module through the module itself, and forget to remove it.

Login

Who's Online

148 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 148

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits