Petra
Problems with registration
  • 2004/1/2 20:46

• Petra

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/2 1

Happy New Year to all of you!
I use XOOPS and I have following problem...
Users want to register to my web but they are not successful... After filling up the form and pressing submit button the file starts to be saved on their disk but no confirmation e-mail is sent. The same happens when asking for new password... the file being saved on their disk this time is lostpass.php
What is the problem? Any help welcome. Thanx.

Herko
Re: Problems with registration
  • 2004/1/2 20:54

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Please post on one forum only. I deleted your double post.

If files are saved to disk, that suggests a server configuration problem, becuase they aren't parsed and executed like they should, but served as downloadsble streams. Check with your hosting provider if they have the server settings correctly, and which PHP version they are using.

Herko

Petra
  • 2004/1/2 21:55

• Petra

• Just popping in

OK, sorry.

PHP ver. is 4.2.2 and the error occures only with some forms, in fact with the registration only. Can you specify what in configuration could be wrong? Thanx a lot.

DonXoop

You have an old PHP, can you upgrade?

I'll bet that if someone looks with mozilla/linux they will get a blank screen instead.

php.ini:
Register_Globals = Off/On ?
short_open_tag = Off/On ?

And your cache settings if any from Admin/System/Preferences
And just for kicks, what version of Xoops?

I've seen the same symptoms but I'm feeling much better now.

Petra
  • 2004/1/2 22:38

• Petra

• Just popping in

Both variables set to on, is it right?
Xoops ver. 2.0.5.1
All modules has disabled cache in settings.
I have just upgraded to PHP ver. 4.3.2. and the problem remains

DonXoop

Ideally they would both be Off but some modules will choke with one or the other Off. Leave them On until you have a working site and can then try to turn at least Globals Off.

Anyway, I had a similar problem and I can't remember what it was right now. Have you run a PHP test file with:

To make certain what your settings are? It is possible that you are not running the php.ini you think you are. The most likely I can think of is a file with a "
And, have you done any hacks like the Remember Me mod, and what 3rd party modules have you installed?

You can turn on PHP Debug in Admin/System/Preferences/General and maybe get some feedback from it.

if you want to give the URL I can try with Mozilla and see if it is the same issue I had.

Petra
  • 2004/1/3 9:39

• Petra

• Just popping in

In between I upgraded to PHP 4.3.4.
No hacks done. Extra modules: MyAlbum ver.1 and Content Relations ver.1

URL: http://www.vandrovani.cz

DonXoop

I tried your site, I did get registered but as I suspected it spit out the register.php code as jibberish in mozilla. IE would offer to download. That has to be a PHP thing.

Check that you aren't using gzip On in Admin/Preferences. It would help to get a phpinfo() from your server. Create a file anywhere with one line:

We can see what is turned on/off. You might have PHP's zlib compression On. That causes problems too.

Petra
  • 2004/1/3 20:20

• Petra

• Just popping in

Don, you are great !

I turned zlib.output_compression off and IT WORKS !

More over, after your compliments I upgraded also MySQL, OpenSSL and Apache

Thank you very much for your helpful advice.

Sheriff, Radek and Petra

DonXoop

Glad I could help! I had the same problem, happy to share so others don't spend days chasing the same thing.

Since you are adept at installing the backend apps you might benefit from mmcache, I put a thread up at: https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15229&forum=11#forumpost63228

Nobody has commented on it but I think you'll find some noticable speedups by using it. So far after about 5 days of running it there are no problems with it. I'm still using the 16M memory cache (mm) and it is within 1 meg and holding. Nothing has been pushed out (FIFO) so that is the perfect size for my site. Also, I pointed the temp space at my fastest location. The "butt dyno" tells me I'm getting all the benefits of zlib.compression + Zend.Optimizer + System.cache without the problems.

And if I'm in your part of the world someday, you owe me a vodka..

Login

Who's Online

1078 user(s) are online (228 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 1078

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits