The XOOPS Development Team
is pleased to announce the release of XOOPS 2.5.5 Beta.
This release is focused on fixing security issues, open bugs, and on updating our libraries to the latest versions:- phpMailer 5.2.1
- TinyMCE 3.4.8
- jQuery 1.7.1
- jQueryUI 1.8.17
See the Changelog for more details.Please remember: This is Beta Release version for features testing only!!!!
DO NOT install it on a production site and DO NOT upgrade any production site with it!!!
Please post and discuss all issues related to this release in this forum
We also need help with TranslationsSystem requirements
Any PHP version >= 5.2 (PHP 5.3+ is strongly recommended)MySQL:
MySQL server 5.0+Web server:
Any server supporting the required PHP version (Apache highly recommended)Downloading XOOPS
You can get this release package from the Sourceforge repository
There are .zip and .gz archives provided.Installing XOOPS (new installation)
1. Copy the content of the htdocs/ folder where it can be accessed by your server
2. Ensure mainfile.php and uploads/ are writable by the web server
3. For security considerations, you are encouraged to move directories "/xoops_lib" (for XOOPS libraries) and "/xoops_data" (for XOOPS data) out of Document Root, and change the folder names.
4. Make the directory xoops_data/ writable; Create (if not already present) and make the directories xoops_data/caches/, xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache/, xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache/ and xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/ writable.
5. Access the folder where you installed the htdocs/ files using your web browser to launch the installation wizardYou can also check out the detailed Installation Guide and the Operations Guide
Installing Protector in XOOPS
We also highly recommend the installation of the PROTECTOR module which will bring additional security protection and logging capabilities to your site.Upgrading from a previous version
-----------------------------------Upgrading from 2.5.4 to 2.5.5 Beta:
1. Get the right update package from the sourceforge file repository
2. Overwrite files in XOOPS directory on your server with the content of /htdocs
* make sure that you copy the content of /xoops_lib to whatever directory you keep it on the server now (it should be your current XOOPS_TRUST_PATH directory), then delete the /xoops_lib directory. There can NOT be two directories with the content of /xoops_lib
3. Update the "System" module from the modules administration interface. Other modules, especially "Profile", "PM", and "Protector" are recommended to update as wellUpgrading from previous versions older than 2.5.0:
0. Verify the system requirements, in particular the version of PHP. Backup your XOOPS database and site directory. (There are several ways to do these actions, which are discussed elsewhere.) Turning your site off is optional.
Change the permissions on mainfile.php and /include/license.php to be writable, for example:
File Normal For upgrade
mainfile.php 400 700
/include/license.php 444 777
Get the correct update package from the SourceForge file repository.
1. In the upgrade package folder, move the "upgrade" folder inside the "htdocs" folder, if it's not already there. Remove the install folder from the "htdocs" folder, if it's there. Remove the mainfile.php file from the "htdocs" folder, if it's there.
If you've moved the xoops_data and xoops_lib folders outside your site's root directory, move these folders out of the "htdocs" folder in the upgrade package folder.
2. Delete the /modules/system directory on your current XOOPS site (to get rid of any old unnecessary files).
3. Overwrite the files in the XOOPS directory on your current XOOPS site with the content of "htdocs" folder of the upgrade package. (There are several ways to do this action, which are discussed elsewhere.)
As noted above, if relocated, overwrite the files in your current xoops_data and xoops_lib with the content of those in the upgrade package.
4. If you have Protector previously installed, open the "mainfile.php" file , and remove the Pre-check and Post-check lines (if they exist):
include XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php' ;
include XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/postcheck.inc.php' ;
5. At your site's address (URL), login as administrator. Access /upgrade/ with a browser, and follow the instructions (and any for updating your XOOPS database). After all updates have been applied (green checkmarks), note the link in the Updater to update the "system" module, and do so.
6. Delete the "upgrade" folder from your site's "htdocs" directory.
7. Update (reload) other modules, especially "Profile", "PM", and "Protector," if necessary.
8. Change permissions on the files noted above back to their normal state.
9. Turn your site back on, if you turned it off earlier.
Debug information display level
Since XOOPS 2.3.1 debug information display level is enabled as a temporary solution for 2.3* to show debug information to different level of users: to all users, to members or to admins only.
The configuration can be set in /xoops_data/configs/xoopsconfig.php
As a default, the display level is set for 2 (Admin only).
Files integrity check
The full XOOPS package is released with a script able to check if all the system files have been correctly uploaded to the server. To use it, follow these instructions:
1. Upload the checksum.php and checksum.md5 files located in the XOOPS package root to your XOOPS server folder (putting them next to mainfile.php).
2. Execute checksum.php with your browser
3. If necessary, re-upload the missing or corrupted system files
4. Remove checksum.php and checksum.md5 from your server
This release contains only the "system-related modules". You are invited to browse the XOOPS modules repository to if you need additional functionality. Note: as a new repository is being built, the current repository is not up-to-date, PLEASE VISIT INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPERS' WEBSITES TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING LATEST VERSION OF MODULES.
How to contribute
Bug report: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=41586&atid=430840
Patch and enhancement: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=41586&atid=430842
Feature design: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=41586&atid=430843
Release announcement: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/xoops-announcement
We would like to thank all developers who contributed fixes to this release (ForMuss, Trabis, Mamba, DCrussader, Casag), and our users who helped us with testing, especially Sabahan.
XOOPS Development Team
February 21st, 2012
- XSS (Cross Site Scripting) vulnerability in PM module and tinymce (High-Tech Bridge Security Research Lab/trabis)
- Templates Manager does not handle single quotes correctly (trabis)
- $xoTheme->addScript('', '', 'content here'); causes duplicate CDATA on cached pages (wishcraft/trabis)
- System admin maintenance table names are incorrect if db_prefix length is not 4 (trabis)
- System admin users advance search displays wrong results when using 'contains' or 'equal' in some fields (trabis)
- System admin users pagination not working correctly for some fields (trabis)
- System admin users blank page when site as many users (trabis)
- /class/object.php deprecated message, should be /class/xoopsobject.php (mamba/trabis)
- /class/module.php deprecated message, should be /class/xoopsmodule.php (mamba)
- /class/user.php deprecated message, should be /class/xoopsuser.php (mamba)
- ID: 3443381 Images stored in database not given correctly in edit mode (mage)
- ID: 3201929 Change upper limit for Banner impressions (mamba/mage)
- ID: 3432275 html structure (kris_fr/mage)
- ID: 3461539 Incorrect value for setOrder() in modulesadmin/main.php (mage)
- ID: 3469896 When deleting client, it doesn't delete finished banners (mamba/mage)
- ID: 3442270 Date format and Xoops 2.5.4 (cesag/formuss)
- TinyMCE to 3.4.8 (mamba)
- jQuery to 1.71 (mamba)
- jQueryUI to version 1.8.17 (mamba)
- PhpMailer to version 5.2.1 (mamba)
- Add key 'uid' on 'groups_users_link' table to allow joining 'users' table with better performance (trabis)
- Add Comments, Templates, and Uninstall links to Module's Admin (mamba)
- added \modules\system\language\english\admin.php _AM_SYSTEM_UNINSTALL
- added \language\english\calendar.php _CAL_FORMAT
- added \language\english\pmsg.php _PM_READ