trabis
Re: MX directory 3.01 in 2.4.0
  • 2009/11/10 19:56

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

And you may want to edit templates/xdir_brokenlink.html and remove the space between this to lines:
<input name="submit" type="submit" class="c_formbuttons" value="<{$lang_reportbroken}>" /> <input type=button class="c_formbuttons" onclick="'index.php';target='xoopshead'" value="<{$lang_cancel}>" />
It is not really a space, it is \xa0 character that stops this template to be saved on database. Delete it and update module. (read my previous post in case you missed it)

Mausirius
  • 2009/11/11 14:52

• Mausirius

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/8 2

hi trabis,

i do the changes and the problems persists.

it can be a problem with my host?
i´m in contact with the host to maybe solve this problem.

i get with friend a pass to do a new instalation of the XOOPS 2.4.0 in other host to test the mxdirectory there.

so soon i will be back with the results of the test.

weeramon
  • 2010/5/28 20:28

• weeramon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/12/13

I have got the same problem in Thai version of 2.0.16

so I strongly believe it has to do with the language files, since the panel works in thai and english.

Will now test a bit more and install in 2.0.16 pure english
version.

If the problem persists I also got no clue but I had a problem with a mx directory version on 2.4.4 but when I downloaded another version ( another download ) it worked.

weeramon
  • 2010/5/29 22:46

• weeramon

• Just popping in

In fact I was right, I uploaded the mxdirectory module on
2.0.16 English Version and there is no problem with the admin.php
file.

Everything so far seems to work, we are testing it thorougly and if there is any problem we will post it here.

But to the guy who had the problem I believe with a spanish version or several language files, I also tried to turn off the command in the admin.php file so it would only direct to the english package but that did not work.

So in my opinion there is some trouble with another component.

Probably a solution would be a reinstall of a pure English version of 2.0.16 and then try to install the language files later on or however it is done.

so far I have not done such a thing.
But I would go that way.

Good luck

weeramon
Re: MX directory 3.01 in 2.4.0 or better 2.4.4 latest posts
  • 2010/5/31 3:13

• weeramon

• Just popping in

OK I MUST CORRECT MYSELF.

I have installed the module with a complete new installation on 2.4.4. and it worked in the beginning.

But I wanted to be smart and do a rename. That killed it somehow.

I uninstalled the module, uploaded it again and I never made it work again.

I now even installed it on a new domain with 2.4.4 during the installation process ( I uploaded the module file before installing
Xoops core and thus installed it with the other modules during the installation process )

Angain the failure with the admin/index.php on line 1729

IT IS ONLY STRANGE THAT ON MY FIRST INSTALL IT WORKED.
( even it was renamed )

I just downloaded the renamed file from the server and uploaded it again for another installation. )

I got no clue what is going on only happy that I have one good intstall ( no idea if this is related to the MX version , I doubt it )

I would really appreciate if tripmon could go after this issue.

If I get some reply from him, I will install 2.4.4 on another domain and I will give him ftp acess to the server.

So it would be a clean install with nothing else on it.
(of course also access code to the admin panel )

Therefore he could upload his latest module file rename it before and test it.

That would help everyone and he would be able to see what is going on.

I strongly believe there will be more guys with this issue for the 2.4.4 version.

but I believe it is a module related issue, perhaps even depending on which modules one installs first.

Anyway it is not server related as I have tested it on 3 servers but surprsingly it works on 2.0.16 .

I can only imagine the 2.4.4 is tuned a bit finer and recoginizes every little ditch.

As I said if tripmon responds I will prepare the testing environment for him.

Mamba
Re: MX directory 3.01 in 2.4.0 or better 2.4.4 latest posts
  • 2010/5/31 4:41

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I'm testing several modules on 2.4.5 RC2 and PHP 5.3, so I just installed this version of MxDirectory from Evucan, incl. those changes from Zyspec

Quote:
Then in these templates:
xdir_index.html
xdir_listingfull.html
xdir_mylistings.html
xdir_viewalpha.html
xdir_viewcat.html

Comment out the <{$xoops_module_header}> line so it looks like:
<!-- {$xoops_module_header}> -->

and it seems to be working OK.

See if it works on 2.4.4
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

weeramon
  • 2010/5/31 13:52

• weeramon

• Just popping in

Mamba, do you mean just to make the changes you are indicating or all the changes which Zyspec suggested ??

Also on your version of evucan did you modify the name of the module ?
( just would like to know )

weeramon
  • 2010/5/31 14:05

• weeramon

• Just popping in

i have done the template changes but to be honest as I said I have no trouble on the user side

but on the admin and I do not think the suggested fixes will solve the matter my error is when trying to access the module from the admin side

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /usr/www/users/sharon13/krabi.com/krabi/modules/yellow-pages/admin/index.php on line 1729"

the file in my opinion has no error ( it is the original file with 1725 lines ) but this was already mentioned somewhere in the thread, as I said if someone needs access I can give it.

there is clean 2.4.4 installation on it nothing else than the mxdirectory from evucan.

weeramon
  • 2010/6/1 2:20

• weeramon

• Just popping in

Ok guys I made now another Auto install of 2.4.4 from justhost.com uploaded the mxdirectory file from evucan, I even renamed it .

And it worked.

I tried another self install on another server ( they do not have autoinstall but it is the exaxt same php environment )

So there are 3 possibilities.

either

1) the files of 2.4.4 have not properly been uploaded by my FTP program but I doubt it because as I said it once worked.

2) there is somehow a difference between the version on justhost.com and the one on sourceforge.net

3) there is some issue during the self installattion.

I have done it now three times and always loaded up new files.

I am trying now to tell our hosting company to unzip the files on the server ( please do not suggest Shell access I know but I am not a programmer, but want just use it , ok )

Another request would be that you could provide me with this version of. 2.4.4 on justhost.com Fantastico installer.

Or you really have a look inside my server,
but I strongly believe that all files which should be up are up and during installation everything went fine without any troubles, well after several installation it is in fact a piece of cake to do it.

as you see I try very hard on every side but this line 1729 or now in fact 1730 error on the admin/index.php that can't be
true.

thanks for all your attention

Peekay
  • 2010/6/1 12:15

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Try this.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits