figu78
Avoid links Color change
  • 2010/9/8 23:42

• figu78

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/19

Hi,

Im using CSS100 to create a new theme, and I am on trouble because I'm trying to avoid color changing in globalnav links.

I'm using font-face to show a non-standard font at the globalnav but i don't think this could be relevant...

Anyone could help me??

Thanks in advance,
D.

kris_fr
Re: Avoid links Color change
  • 2010/9/9 1:11

• kris_fr

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2005/12/31

hi,
hat code exactly do you put? what do you do exactly?
@+

ghia
  • 2010/9/9 6:56

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Search your CSS files for hover as eg a:hover that will specify colours when the mouse is over the link.

figu78
  • 2010/9/9 9:18

• figu78

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/19

This is the code:

style.css:

@font-face {
font-family: 'FFFTusjBold';
src: url('../fonts/FFF/FFF_Tusj-webfont.eot');
src: local('FFFTusjBold'), url('../fonts/FFF/FFF_Tusj-webfont.woff') format('woff'), url('../fonts/FFF/FFF_Tusj-webfont.ttf') format('truetype'), url('../fonts/FFF/FFF_Tusj-webfont.svg#webfonttlERylLX') format('svg');
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;

globalnav.css:

#xo-globalnav {
clear: both;
min-height: 23px !important;
width: 100%;
margin: 0;
background : #fffff0 url(../img/navbar.gif) repeat-x left top;
font-family: FFFTusjBold;
font-size: 3.0em;
text-align: center;
vertical-align: middle;

I try to find where are defined those colors for visited and active (visited = #551a8b active = #0000ee) but these colors are not there so i don't know where these colors are defined.

(I've use grep to find the colors: '$ grep "#551a8b" *' recursively)

Thanks guys,
D.

redheadedrod

If they are not in the CSS file then they fallback to the default colors. Regardless you can change them in the section for the navbar by adding the code to set the colors. Even if the colors are set elsewhere, setting them in the section you posted above for the navbar will overload and set those colors for just the navbar. Typing this from my phone so I don't have my CSS book in front of me to tell you the code but just insert the proper code there and you should be set. It would be a good idea to get a book about HTML and CSS if you are going to be doing alot of changes to the themes and such. You can get used books on generic things like this from ebay for very cheap.

Good luck.

Rodney
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits