I am in the process of rebuilding (not upgrade) a site from 2.5.0 to 18.104.22.168. I was under the impression that the latest NewBB was 4.33 RC9 but found RC10 and got to try it. The issue is that from the module about page I can see;
Forum 4.33 RC10 (27/07/2015)
by Marko Schmuck (predator) / D.J. (phppp) / Alfred(dhcst) / xoops.org (irmtfan)
GNU GPL 2.0
4.33 RC 10 NOT RELEASED
- moved all images, CSS, and JS files to /assets (mamba)
- renamed .html Smarty templates to .tpl (mamba)
- removed closing php tags (mamba)
- set min. PHP as 5.3.7 and min. XOOPS as 2.5.7 (mamba)
- replaced dirname(__FILE__) with __DIR__ (mamba)
- replaced $i++ with ++$i (mamba)
- replaced $_POST and $_GET with XoopsRequest (mamba)
- replaced XOOPS_ROOT_PATH with $GLOBALS['xoops']->path (mamba)
- added/fixed phpDoc headers (mamba)
- replaced intval() with (int) (mamba)
- enforcing strict comparison (mamba)
1) Can someone confirm if the latest official NewBB that works with XOOPS 22.214.171.124 is RC9 and not RC10?
2) in this post http://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=359754
I can see reference to "NewBB: 4.4 Alpha 1" what is it?
3) I can also see some work going on with XOOPS 2.6.0 at the moment so is it worse spending much time on rebuilding from 2.5.0 to 126.96.36.199 or should I just wait for 2.6.0 to go out? I assuming that there will be a NewBB version that will work with 2.6.0.