Modules: bXpress: a lightweight forum for XOOPSPosted by: bitceroon 2015/4/2 15:49:11 7013 reads Some of you might be already aware of bXpress, a module to create a forum section in XOOPS, with the peculiarity of being very light and easy to use. Well, today's news is that, for some time now, I have been testing it in Xoops México, and so far the results have been satisfactory. Therefore I have decided to publish the version 1.2 Beta.
Module FeaturesFrom the beginning, when I published the first version of bXpress, it was always clear to me that the module should focus on simplicity and ease of use to provide a real alternative to existing options. So, this basic feature —lightness to its simplicity— has remained unchanged. Partial list of features:
- A lightweight Forum
- Amazing simplicity and ease of use
- Organization of forums in categories
- Assigning permissions for user groups
- Supports image (or icon) representative of each forum
- Supports file upload
- Supports Short URL
- Supports annoucements that can be configured to be deployed in various places on the forum.
- Includes a reporting tool for users
- Assigned by forum moderators
- Now supports posts likes for each entry
- All templates use Bootstrap 3
- Includes more functional, adaptable and easily configurable blocks (preferably through the Common Utilities block manager)
RequirementsbXpress have the same basic requirements that other modules developed with Common Utilities:
- XOOPS 2.5.7+
- Common Utilities
- PHP 5.4+
Warning: this version of bXpress is in beta state. If you want to use note all that that implies. Although so far in Xoops México has worked very well, could lead to errors undetected so far. If you want to check the operation of the module, I invite you to visit the Xoops México forum and leave a message. Download bXpress 1.2 Beta
Puedes leer esta noticia en español haciendo click aquí.