Modules: Xortify 3.05 - For XOOPS - Floating cloud edition (production)Posted by: wishcrafton 2012/5/13 9:40:00 5572 reads
Xortify - Fortify your XOOPS.
Community Release by Chronolabs co-op.
Xortify is a network security drone that uses Web 2.0 techniques to link between your XOOPS installs and other via a Server Cloud. This will prevent security intrusions to your xoops with accurate deceptive notation of the intruder and prevent any farmed attacks. It is an accessory and required Protector to be installed an running to be part of the hookup. Otherwise it will run without protector just make sure you deselect protector as a provider.
It will display a template if you are banned and is an accessory to protector or any other firewall technology. The site itself is driven from http://xortify.chronolabs.coop and mirrored at http://www.xortify.com .. Cloud computing is web 2.0/3.0 stuff it used a SOAP or JSON, XML or Serialisation to exchange on the API backend to work, this will eventually be included in xoops as a support class.
A cloud computing process is one which staggers multiple networks sometime and mainly unknown to the webmaster into a network or cloud of data. In this example it is IP and Netaddy names to control access lists.
This will prevent predators from exposing your network to lag and other attacks from link farming, often this means many xoops are attacked in occasions which is all the time caught by protector, this way if an attack is in process across a large spectrum of links, your site will down itself to your sourced attack even if it is discovered on a completely unaffiliated site that is link farmed to yours or on a XOOPS User list.
Xortify is a cloud solution to protectors Bad IPs, if someone attempts to hack your site and becomes a bad IP it will then send the IP to the Ban Cloud on Xortify.com and its paired cloud Xortify.chronolabs.coop. It will also poll the server to make sure it has the latest ban list so your website will be aware of malusers before they attack through farming IP from services like Google or bing.
Xortify is finally bug free, there was a lasting reminder of how it can be quiet frustrating developing software, especially cloud solutions with so many variables to hone to make sure the system is working, you should enjoy this version and any future releases for XOOPS 2.7, but as it stands I can't find anymore situations, warnings, notices or WSOD with this copy.
Watch this video to understand more about Xortify!
Whats New in this Feature
- Cloud Server List Propogation - Floating cloud
Some of the other Features
- Cache Maintenance Cleanup
- Better Ban List
- Better XOOPS 2.5 Module Class GUI
- Greater Ban Diagnostics
- CURL Resolution Timeout
- Fault Locking/Delay
- Performance Extras - fixed
- Cron Job State and Timing
- Pre PHP 5.2 Compatibility
- My IP Information Anti Ban Prevention
- Provider Plugins
- Admin Usage Log
- Protector Module Provider
- Project Honeypot Provider
- Stop Forum Spam Provider
- Spider Module Provide
- XML Polling Protocol
- Serialisation API Protocol
- JSON API Protocol
- SOAP API Protocol
- Anti Spamming with User Signupl
- Anti Harvesting
- Serialisation API Protocol
- Firefox Intermittant WSOD
- Empty Field Banning
- Ban Notice Displaying
- Xortify post loader use of old constant
- 2.6.0 Implementation in 2.5.0 Version - Lack of Versioning Control
- System Tray Hijacking
- Cron Job was Repaired
- Warning all fixed
- Notices all Fixed
- Xortify Provider - Fields being match to open
- Try Exceptions added to API Calls
- cURL Classes - Warnings & Notices
- Xortify Provider - Warnings & Notices
- Project Honeypot Provider - Warnings & Notices
- Stop Forum Spam Provider - Warnings & Notices
- cURL Polling
- Protector provider
- Xortify Provider
- cvalue not a global
- Header being sent by providers
- Project Honey Pot Cache Timer
- Signup not displaying on preference link
- XOOPS 2.5
Download: xoops2.5_xortify_3.08.zip - 198Kb
Sourceforge Mirror: xoops2.5_xortify_3.05.zip - 198Kb
Cloud Server: xoops2.5_xortify-server_2.06.zip - 1.06Mb
Bugs & Comments: https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewto ... id=346361#forumpost346361